2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
It's NOT fair to judge Gabbert after one preseason game, mistakes are expected until he gets some more experience under his belt, these next three preseason games will help him out. Just because he looked iffy (from what I'm reading from a few here) after tonight doesn't mean anything nor should it be counted against him for the starting job.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Seeing some highlights without lag, he didn't do as bad as I originally said, but he still was only 56% completions, and maybe it was only 2 throws, but I did see 2 very off target throws.

I did like the one 3rd and 15, where they blitzed, and he got the ball out for a 14 yard gain.

TTN2810

Reaction score
It's NOT fair to judge Gabbert after one preseason game, mistakes are expected until he gets some more experience under his belt, these next three preseason games will help him out. Just because he looked iffy (from what I'm reading from a few here) after tonight doesn't mean anything nor should it be counted against him for the starting job.
I totally agree.
I am pretty sure I did say based off tonight...not writing him off all together, and I'm sure he'll improve in the next games. But based off tonight, I personally don't think he's ready, and he shouldn't be, with the amount of practice he's had.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't think anyone expected him to look like Peyton Manning out there in his first game, it'll take some time. He's going to make Rookie mistakes, he will learn from them. I'm not expecting a ton from Dalton tomorrow either in his first game.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Seeing some highlights without lag, he didn't do as bad as I originally said, but he still was only 56% completions, and maybe it was only 2 throws, but I did see 2 very off target throws.

I did like the one 3rd and 15, where they blitzed, and he got the ball out for a 14 yard gain.
He had 3 drops and what looked like a bad pass on a swatted hand.. I'd say Gabbert did very will tonight. Anybody who says different, simply didn't watch the game and is just hating because its Gabbert and because hes a Jaguar.

Ridley is looking decent, but it is against a shitty jags 3rd team defense. 95% Of the guys on the field now won't make the team.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damn dude straight headbutted that dude lol

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Alvin Bowen = Str8 killin <Censored>.. lol

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I totally agree.
I am pretty sure I did say based off tonight...not writing him off all together, and I'm sure he'll improve in the next games. But based off tonight, I personally don't think he's ready, and he shouldn't be, with the amount of practice he's had.
Give him three more preseason games then go from there. I haven't seen any of the game so I can't really comment on it other than it's not fair to judge someone off of their first game in the NFL.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Terrance Knighton didn't play either.. wow.. the starting Defense is going to be nice.

TTN2810

Reaction score
He had 3 drops and what looked like a bad pass on a swatted hand.. I'd say Gabbert did very will tonight. Anybody who says different, simply didn't watch the game and is just hating because its Gabbert and because hes a Jaguar.

Ridley is looking decent, but it is against a shitty jags 3rd team defense. 95% Of the guys on the field now won't make the team.
The Jags are like my 3rd favorite team, and I've even said I would have rather the Titans draft Gabbert than Locker. I'm a huge fan of both him and the team. I'm just picky with QB's, especially after watching Vince Young ruin the Titans for 5 years. I tend to lean towards letting them learn. That's just me.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so how yall think kolb is gonna do?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tim Tebow tellin them he should be the starter lmao.

TTN2810

Reaction score
The fans will go nuts have a competent starter in there lol.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Tebow = bust.

He needs Jesus to take over his soul and basically make chicken salad out of chicken shit in order to be the #2 QB.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that Whitehurst looks better than Tavaris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%