2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seriously? If a guy can't play in the pre-season, misses routine throws, with a simpler offense, all while the defense is holding back, why would he be ready to start week one? How does it not matter?
Because players realize that pre-season has no impact on their regular season, and all that matters is the regular season and playoffs... If the Jags coach decides Gabbert wont to start week 1 because he didn't look crisp in an exhibition game, he needs help.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Alright, halftime doe.

Starters out, Defense still missing Kampman, Roth, Cox, Prosinski.

Gabbert actually looked really well.. Would have about 40+ more yards but had drops from Tiquan Undewood on a beautiful pass which they showed Del Rio after the ball went through his hands, he pretty much yelled "Catch the fucking ball".

Gabbert in the 1st QTR had a very nice ball on 3rd and long dropped by Mike Thomas, bounced right off his chest.

On 3rd and long in the 2nd QTR Gabbert had another nice passed by Zach Miller which would of been for a first down. (Zach has had trouble catching balls all through TC).

Gabbert looked a little nervous at first, but that last drive.. he made all nice throws.. On the dropped INT by Pat Chung.. Gabberts hand was hit while he was throwing which caused the ball to come out horribly and if his hand wasn't hit.. Would of been an completeon to Inman.

For Gabbert to be in camp for 9 days and not have Cecil Shorts, Eben Britton, Marcedes Lewis, and Maurice Jones Drew.. He looked better than Garrard ever did in 10 years..

With a healthy line and Marcedes.. Gabbert would of finished with more completions and way more yards.

I'd give him a B.

Clint Session is really going to be something special beside Daryl Smith and Poz. Had 2 forced fumbles. Dawan Landry got a fumble recovery with the first play on the defensive side.

Wasn't expecting much overall, but yeah.. like what I've seen so far. Will Rackley has been a brick wall.. dudes been holding his own.

A Pat whos caught my eye is Fletcher, dude looks like a Monster after a season of learning in the Pats system as a backup role. I know he won't start this year, but he should see more playing time.

As of right now, I fully expect Gabbert to win the starting QB job and us to possibly be in the running for Lee Evans. We need another WR.

Oh yeah, Poz got beat by Aaron Hernandez on a nice catch and run, but outside of that.. dude is a force.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
BTW.. Only thing that doesn't matter is score.

Byron Leftwich lost his starting QB job in 2008 and was Cut because of how he performed in the Preseason. Jobs are won and lost during these 4 games, don't get fooled. They're actually playing for something.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LMAO.
Tyrod Taylor, wasn't picked 10th overall. Tyrod Taylor, isn't in starting contention. We knew he was a project coming in. And he's the type of guy who isn't a classic pocket passer anyways. He doesn't need to make every throw because he can help move the offense using his legs too.

You can see Gabbert's talent, but he absolutely doesn't look ready. I'm just saying, if continues to play like this, I'd take Garrard to start the season.

Since when do you have a man crush on Gabbert?
LOL man crush? Sounds like you got one on Taylor...

I stick up for people who I think deserve being stuck up for. Gabbert is arguably the most ready QB on the Jags. Garrard could be the better choice, but he's injured right now I think...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even if they are, they shouldn't be.. The only guys who should be playing for jobs, are late round draft picks and un-drafted FAs. You don't need exhibition games to find starters.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Even if they are, they shouldn't be.. The only guys who should be playing for jobs, are late round draft picks and un-drafted FAs. You don't need exhibition games to find starters.
Sorry bro, but you're wrong there.. lol

Unless you're a Chris Johnson, MJD, etc.. your job is on the line.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why not an actual game??? And why undrafted FAs but not 2nd string guys???

Thats loads better than practice situations.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Thank you Kam.
Pre-season matters!

And for Gabbert. I know Gabbert is a gamer and will be a Pro Bowler. And I'm not saying he's bad. He's been in camp 9 days like Kam said, and I don't expect him to look like an all-star. But IMO, if you want to go to the playoffs this year, which they can, I wouldn't start Gabbert week one, based off tonight.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pre-season games aren't 'actual' games. But if you're swayed by the performance of a back up against the other teams back up, so be it.

TTN2810

Reaction score
LOL man crush? Sounds like you got one on Taylor...

I stick up for people who I think deserve being stuck up for. Gabbert is arguably the most ready QB on the Jags. Garrard could be the better choice, but he's injured right now I think...
All I said was Tyrod was mobile lol..

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Thank you Kam.
Pre-season matters!

And for Gabbert. I know Gabbert is a gamer and will be a Pro Bowler. And I'm not saying he's bad. He's been in camp 9 days like Kam said, and I don't expect him to look like an all-star. But IMO, if you want to go to the playoffs this year, which they can, I wouldn't start Gabbert week one, based off tonight.
What were you watching? Mike Thomas wasn't playing after the first series and the Oline was all backups after the first series.. Give him MJD and Marcedes and Cecil, and he blows Garrard out of the water.. He made throws tonight I've seen Garrard never even attempt to make.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cant wait to see how we do tomorrow. Hoping Stafford looks nice.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Kam, doesn't Karim looks amazing tonight?
Wow, I love that guy.

TTN2810

Reaction score
What were you watching? Mike Thomas wasn't playing after the first series and the Oline was all backups after the first series.. Give him MJD and Marcedes and Cecil, and he blows Garrard out of the water.. He made throws tonight I've seen Garrard never even attempt to make.
I was watching a choppy stream which was cutting out lol. That could have hindered my view, but I did see him miss some stuff.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gruden loves everyone I guess

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pre-season games aren't 'actual' games. But if you're swayed by the performance of a back up against the other teams back up, so be it.
I'm sure the guys playing treat them as actual games....

Also its not practice...

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Wow Rod Issac looks horrible right now.. 5th round draft pick.

We've been able to get no pass rush from the DE's all night.

Mallett is going to tear these horrible CBs/S's with no passrush a new one.

Karim is that <Censored>, hes a beast.. told everybody that last year. Love that guy aswell. I really didn't see Gabbert miss much.. 2/3 throws maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%