2011 NBA Finals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Make them swap teams and the pistons would have no rings...

And I definitely can't forget post dream team selection Zeke lighting Stockton up for 42/44 points to prove a point
Like are you serious? Those Pistons teams were great teams. Easily could have won rings with Stockton. Like I said, best/2nd best passer in NBA history. And they get worse by adding him, lmao. Don't be ignorant.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Now that Dirk has a ring, top 20 all-time?

I could see that being the case.....

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like are you serious? Those Pistons teams were great teams. Easily could have won rings with Stockton. Like I said, best/2nd best passer in NBA history. And they get worse by adding him, lmao. Don't be ignorant.
They were great because of Daly's coaching and Zeke being a great leader...only reason zeke gets slept on was because he was a douche

Passing stats are cute and all but when it was clutch time Zeke stepped up...25 point 3rd quarter..16 points in 91 seconds against the knicks.

John Stockton=Ringless after all those fucking years
Zeke=2 rings and 2 finals mvps

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Isiah > Stockton
lol.
Zeke may be the most underappreciated great guard in nba history. John Stockton over Zeke..fuck out of my face with that. After the dream team shit...Zeke embarrassed stockton.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Zeke may be the most underappreciated great guard in nba history. John Stockton over Zeke..fuck out of my face with that. After the dream team shit...Zeke embarrassed stockton.
Preaching to the choir man lol.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
They were great because of Daly's coaching and Zeke being a great leader...only reason zeke gets slept on was because he was a douche

Passing stats are cute and all but when it was clutch time Zeke stepped up...25 point 3rd quarter..16 points in 91 seconds against the knicks.

John Stockton=Ringless after all those fucking years
Zeke=2 rings and 2 finals mvps
Like you're naming individual games for your arguments that's just stupid. That's like stating T-Mac is the best scorer of this era because he scored 13 pts in 35 seconds. They were great because of Daly's coaching? I'm sure having Lambieer, one of the top twenty centers to ever play the game, a bonafide 20 ppg scoring SG in Dumars, Dennis Rodman, two other players who averaged 14+ a game, had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. No, it was ALLLLL Isiah.

These were some of the best defensive teams in the league TYO, you're acting like Isiah carried them like have you ever watched these teams play? Best point guard is the debate, not more talented player. Stockton played the position better. That's like saying Derrick Rose is the best PG in the league, but I don't want to get into that arguement (he's the most talented player at the PG position but NOT the best PG).

And FYI - one final's MVP.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You ain't even gonna make an argument? I mean I'm okay with your statement, because it's very close for me. So what's your argument to that besides Zeke > Stockton.
For what reason would anyone think that Stockton is better than Zeke?
Better passer? Only thing he has on him. And Isiah wasn't that much worse.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Those teams were built around Zeke and thrived off his leadership/competitiveness and have the rings to show for it...

2 rings>>>0 rings after all those fucking years

Debate done..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's all I would take him for..and stockton is probably a better outside shooter..don't care to look at the stats

"Stockton is better cuz of the pick and roll with malone..was so great"

Who gives a fuck their both 2 ringless players

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Those teams were built around Zeke and thrived off his leadership/competitiveness and have the rings to show for it...

2 rings>>>0 rings after all those fucking years

Debate done..
Lol you have yet to actually give any real reasons why you think that Isiah is better. Is Ray Allen a better shooting guard than Elgin Baylor? Like why don't you stop speaking out of your ass and actually provide good reasons why you think Isiah is better. Those teams were not built around Isiah I don't think there's been a more well-rounded NBA Finals winner since them. (Rockets and Celtics maybe)

Reaction score
Stockton shot a better pct, had a longer more steady career, has made more 3 pointers, better passer, and a better defender imo. I'm not saying OH STOCKTON > ZEKE, just making some points. Stockton has stepped up in the playoffs a few times too, it's not like he just laid down and cried.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's all I would take him for..and stockton is probably a better outside shooter..don't care to look at the stats

"Stockton is better cuz of the pick and roll with malone..was so great"

Who gives a fuck their both 2 ringless players
Exactly. John has nothing to show for his career, why on earth would you say he is better than Zeke?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stockton shot a better pct, had a longer more steady career, has made more 3 pointers, better passer, and a better defender imo. I'm not saying OH STOCKTON > ZEKE, just making some points. Stockton has stepped up in the playoffs a few times too, it's not like he just laid down and cried.
0 rings.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
This. Stockton was better than Thomas in plenty of areas lol.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How did this turn into a Stockton/Zeke debate???

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like I honestly don't wanna talk to you if you don't think those teams weren't built around Isiah and he was the franchise player...

And only reason John had a longer career is cuz Zeke tore his achilles and retired because he couldn't play at the high level he was used too.

I guarantee you John Stockton would trade his career for Isiah's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%