2010 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently kovalchuk is close to signing with some KHL team. I have lost total respect for this sob.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently kovalchuk is close to signing with some KHL team. I have lost total respect for this sob.
And yet, I respect him more than Lebron James...

<Censored> Lebron

Sorry, anyways, I would love to see Kovalchuk NOT in New Jersey...but somewhere in the NHL...come on.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't believe what the Russian newspapers are saying.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope it isn't true. NHL needs him. Next thing we want to see is a good player leave NHL but if he does, then <Censored> him.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope it isn't true. NHL needs him. Next thing we want to see is a good player leave NHL but if he does, then <Censored> him.
The NHL doesn't need him like you think he does. If anything, he lost hype when he got traded last season. They can live without him. If he wants to go to Russia and get paid like he's Jesus and demolish the entire league, then he can and a lot won't care like that.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The NHL doesn't need him like you think he does. If anything, he lost hype when he got traded last season. They can live without him. If he wants to go to Russia and get paid like he's Jesus and demolish the entire league, then he can and a lot won't care like that.
They still need him though. He's an entertaining player to watch. I honestly don't care about this Kovalchuk crap anymore. Just sign with the Devils already.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They still need him though. He's an entertaining player to watch. I honestly don't care about this Kovalchuk crap anymore. Just sign with the Devils already.
No one needs that dude. The Devils are still good without him and the NHL would still be in good shape if he left. I don't care for it either. I think he knows what he wants to do also but he's dragging it out at this point

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sucks losing Nabokov to the KHL but the signing means Kovalchuk won't be heading the SKA St. Petersburg. The catch with how things go salary cap-wise in the KHL is that each team is allowed to ignore salary restrictions on one player per team. SKA St. Petersburg has now used that exception on Nabokov, thus making any potential offers to Kovalchuk impossible to complete.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I keep seeing Zherdev to Flyers almost done...they HAVE to be moving Gagne. They have NO cap space.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I keep seeing Zherdev to Flyers almost done...they HAVE to be moving Gagne. They have NO cap space.
Eeew on the Zherdev move. I really hate what the Flyers have done this off-season.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paul Holmgreen promised a "major" shakeup this offseason but when I said that, I had assumed he meant a lot of changes for the better. Failed to upgrade the goaltender spot, gave away draft picks for Hamhuis, and now bringing in Zherdev at the risk of having to deal Gagne....NICE!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gagne is injury prone though, so in away, despite his crappy work ethic, Zherdev might be a better option
Zherdev has had his head up ass his entire career. Not a chance is he better than Gagne.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I'm not saying he's better, but Gagne has concussion problems, and that could possibly mean an early retirement

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Zherdev still has potential. Look at what he did for the Rangers 2 seasons ago...

I don't think he fits in Philly though

Mooche

Reaction score
After re-entering negotiations with free agent Ilya Kovalchuk's camp a day earlier, the Los Angeles Kings have dropped out of the running a second time, a source told ESPN.com Thursday.

The Kings initially ruled themselves out Sunday after Kovalchuk rejected their contract offer, leaving the New Jersey Devils as the favorite to sign him.

Kovalchuk joined the Devils in early February in a trade from the Atlanta Thrashers, with whom he had played since the 2001-02 season.

Kovalchuk's agent, Jay Grossman, said in an e-mail to ESPN.com Wednesday that he would not comment, but had announced Monday via Twitter that his player would decide that day which team he would sign with. However, the situation has continued to drag on.

On Monday, the New York Post reported the Devils were on the verge of signing Kovalchuk to a six-year, $60 million deal, which has not come to fruition.

On Tuesday, when contacted by ESPN.com, Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said, "Everything is status quo, that's all I'm going to say."

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh cmon just sign with the devils already lol. At least he's handled the situation better than bosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%