2010 NFL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' post='4214737' date='Jan 17 2010, 08:20 PM']Dan is hating hard lol.[/quote]Yea, Mark Sanchez is so good, that he ran the ball and played defense, and then made Kaeding miss 3 FGs..

WhenIRap

valanciunas
Reaction score
Lmao, you saw the Jets fan wearing the sombrero and fake moustache?

WhenIRap

valanciunas
Reaction score
<Censored> I'm excited. I drank a whole 2 liter of coke and ate 5 bbq ribs. That was an awesome game.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
<Censored> I'm excited. I drank a whole 2 liter of coke and ate 5 bbq ribs. That was an awesome game.
I would be too. Hopefully I will be some year soon with the Bengals.. Yeah, it was the better game of the weekend, rest were blowouts...

Dubious1

Reaction score
I picked the Jets to have the better chance of knocking off the Chargers, and they did! BIG CONGRATS to that! But this may sound like a homer pick but I dont think that the Jets will beat Indy in Indy, especially now that the starters will play the whole game!!! LOL

But if by chance Indy loses(highly unlikely IMO), I would be happy to say that its the Jets that beat us and not the Chargers.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn I cant believe the Jets won, didnt see that coming, lol. Good for them, gotta always root for the New York team and the latino QB!!!!

gsimonds

Reaction score
I'm thinking Colts and Saints
And I'm sorry, but the Jets won thanks to 5 consecutive FGs

karma's a <Censored>.... just saying

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that, and the whole starting offense of the Colts sitting most of the 2nd half

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Saints/Vikings will be decided by whoever gets more pressure on the quarterback. I won't say anything about the outcome but I do love how everyone is riding high on the Saints again. Nobody gave Minnesota a chance against the "red hot" Cowboys last week.

The Jets are gonna bring the blitz on Manning but unfortunately for the Jets, Peyton destroys defensive pressure with his short passing game. If the Jets can stand any chance at winning, they need to get tricky with their blitz packages, be unpredictable, outsmart Manning. Good luck with that Rex.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I hate Brett Favre, thats all I have to say. Oh yea and I love how Drew Brees plays and his passion for the game.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I hate Brett Favre, thats all I have to say. Oh yea and I love how Drew Brees plays and his passion for the game.
I don't know about you people. I'm not no Vikings fan but it's cool to see Favre doing what he's doing at his age... If the Vikings defensive line can cause havoc for Brees (Which, I think they can) I do think the Vikings will win.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nobody has been more anti-Favre than me for a long ass time...and that's always been b/c of who's he's played for. Hate is a strong word and I don't know what there is to hate about the guy right now. He's doing what he wants to be doing and still performing at an All-Pro level at 40-years old.

I am amazed by this guy.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Really hope the Saints win.. No disrespect to the Vikings, but it would be great to see the Saints win the whole thing with their team history.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Nobody has been more anti-Favre than me for a long ass time...and that's always been b/c of who's he's played for. Hate is a strong word and I don't know what there is to hate about the guy right now. He's doing what he wants to be doing and still performing at an All-Pro level at 40-years old.

I am amazed by this guy.
I hate his personality and his character. He is only in it for himself and thats not what football is about. Its about the team and he clearly doesnt have his priorities straight. He dissed his loyal fanbase and a lot of teammates throughout the years due to his selfishness. And like usual, Brett Favre eventually will screw it up for his team like he always does and it will cost him severely. I really dont give a crap if he's 40 or 18, either way he's a horrible teammate and I will never root for him.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Really hope the Saints win.. No disrespect to the Vikings, but it would be great to see the Saints win the whole thing with their team history.
If the Vikings don't win, I'd have to go for the Colts. Nobody works harder in this game than Manning and even better, it only helps the Brady vs. Manning argument. I wouldn't necessarily mind the Saints as World Champions but I am not all for anything else that adds to the overhype of Reggie Bush. I really like Drew Brees but I have to wonder if the support over this game would be different if a tornado ripped through Minnesota a couple years ago.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate his personality and his character. He is only in it for himself and thats not what football is about. Its about the team and he clearly doesnt have his priorities straight. He dissed his loyal fanbase and a lot of teammates throughout the years due to his selfishness. And like usual, Brett Favre eventually will screw it up for his team like he always does and it will cost him severely. I really dont give a crap if he's 40 or 18, either way he's a horrible teammate and I will never root for him.
So because you have the whole Brett Favre saga twisted...he doesn't deserve to win? Do you know the guy personally? Your about the only one I've heard accuse him of being all about himself. He's done a lot for this Vikings' team in 1 season...just look at what he's done with Sidney Rice, Shiancoe, Harvin. These guys all respect him and if you look & listen, he's a locker room clown, a fun guy to be around. Was Brett wrong for leaving Green Bay? Wait...he didn't leave, he was forced out. Shame on him for giving so many years to that organization, city, the game...and then being completely disrespected by being told that he'd have to compete for his old job back!? F' that, a guy like Brett Favre shouldn't have to earn his job back. Whether he initially retired or not, Green Bay was in no position to hold that job over the guy's head and I can't blame him for being pissed.

Stop being so bitter about it.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I love both (personality and his character) and his passion for the game. I'm sorry but I disagree with your post FPS!

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
So because you have the whole Brett Favre saga twisted...he doesn't deserve to win? Do you know the guy personally? Your about the only one I've heard accuse him of being all about himself. He's done a lot for this Vikings' team in 1 season...just look at what he's done with Sidney Rice, Shiancoe, Harvin. These guys all respect him and if you look & listen, he's a locker room clown, a fun guy to be around. Was Brett wrong for leaving Green Bay? Wait...he didn't leave, he was forced out. Shame on him for giving so many years to that organization, city, the game...and then being completely disrespected by being told that he'd have to compete for his old job back!? F' that, a guy like Brett Favre shouldn't have to earn his job back. Whether he initially retired or not, Green Bay was in no position to hold that job over the guy's head and I can't blame him for being pissed.

Stop being so bitter about it.
No its not twisted. This is the same guy that told Javon Walker that he should stop being selfish, not worry about a new contract, and worry about the team and the first game of the year he tore his ACL. This is the same moron who said at the end of the year that he shouldnt have been playing at the end of the year because he was injured and used that as his scapegoat out of his bad 2nd half. Im not the only one who thinks hes an egotistical prick and a jerk. He continuosly stated that he was going to retire and hasnt for some weird reason and it limited what the Packers could do every offseason wondering if this idiot would come back. Following the 2008 season, Favre informed the Jets that he would be retiring after 18 years of play. In May of 2009, Favre asked to be released so he might possibly sign with another team. On July 28th, 2009, Favre tells the Vikings he will stay retired. On August 18th, Favre signs a contract to play with the Minnesota Vikings. MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!

Great way to give a big slap to the face to the organization that gave you everything by going to their big rival....

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No its not twisted. This is the same guy that told Javon Walker that he should stop being selfish, not worry about a new contract, and worry about the team and the first game of the year he tore his ACL. This is the same moron who said at the end of the year that he shouldnt have been playing at the end of the year because he was injured and used that as his scapegoat out of his bad 2nd half. Im not the only one who thinks hes an egotistical prick and a jerk. He continuosly stated that he was going to retire and hasnt for some weird reason and it limited what the Packers could do every offseason wondering if this idiot would come back. Following the 2008 season, Favre informed the Jets that he would be retiring after 18 years of play. In May of 2009, Favre asked to be released so he might possibly sign with another team. On July 28th, 2009, Favre tells the Vikings he will stay retired. On August 18th, Favre signs a contract to play with the Minnesota Vikings. MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY!

Great way to give a big slap to the face to the organization that gave you everything by going to their big rival....
Anybody else in this world have a problem with Favre telling a player to stop b8tching about money and just play? Javon Walker was getting paid to play but he wanted more money. That's all fine, this is a business but when key players stop showing up to work in order to prove a point...I think the team captain has a right to get a little pissy about it.

Favre admitted that he shouldn't of been playing towards the end of last year b/c he tore his bicep....but played. How does that make him a bad person? It was a stupid decision by himself and his coaching staff if anything...but hardly a selfish move.

Like I said before, the guy can change his mind about retiring as many times as he wants. He doesn't owe anybody anything, has done a lot for the game, the fans, put Green Bay on the map. So what if he decides that retirement is the right choice as soon as the long season is over, a lot of players do. Sit around the house long enough, camp opens up and suddenly you start to re-think that decision. Favre loves the game, he's a competitor, he decided he's not done yet. Again, how does that make him a bad person?

Favre would of stayed retired if the Vikings weren't so persistent with bringing him in. Your argument is seriously flawed and all your doing is giving horrible examples to support your side...completely trying to hide the fact that you don't like the guy b/c you just don't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%