2010 NFL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
If New Orleans had lost, and I were a Saints fan, I'd personally shoot the defensive coordinator in the throat for calling blitzes every play.

Because quite frankly, they didn't work for <Censored>.

Why send a DB when you're getting burned down-field? Why risk with no reward for more than 45 minutes? Why?

If they do that against Indianapolis, game over, quick.

Also; a huge LOL at the saying "Favre got us ready for Peyton".

Are you <Censored>ing kidding me?

What a joke statement.

If they honestly believe that Favre = Peyton, they're the biggest idiots in the NFL.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Congratz to the Saints on a great game. I really happy Drew Brees will finally play in a Super Bowl and continue his great play on the biggest stage. My friend was going crazy when the Saints won, cuz hes from New Orleans and he has never seen them win anything big, lol.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
You could say LSU is seemingly New Orleans.

Being a Bucs' fan I hate New Orleans; however, I'm glad to be able to say we beat the NFC Champions.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
You could say LSU is seemingly New Orleans.

Being a Bucs' fan I hate New Orleans; however, I'm glad to be able to say we beat the NFC Champions.
Wow what a resounding achievement..... that should carry you guys into the playoffs next year.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am utterly embarrassed and once again, that familiar feeling of anger mixed with disappointment has overtaken me. I don't know how much more of this sh*t I can take. This franchise needs to trade Adrian Peterson while the entire world still thinks he is so great. The guy hasn't done jacksh*t in 8 weeks, can't hold onto the football, and worse...gives it up at the worst possible time in a game. Re-sign Chester Taylor and utilize Percy Harvin out of the backfield when that change of pace is needed.

Brett Favre needs to call it a career. I appreciate all the guy has done for my team this season but he got smacked in the mouth all game and couldn't handle it. Nearly all of his throws were way off and we saw too much of 'vintage Brett' tonight in trying to force it into coverage. Nobody registered on this forum would of been dumb enough to attempt both passes that were picked off.

This game was ours to win, we were the better team going into it and we had the Saints backed into a corner. Give the ball up 4 times and still the game goes into overtime. I don't blame anybody but the Vikings for handing the Saints a trip to Miami on a silver F'ing platter. I am so mad right now that I will stop just short of wishing that the levy breaks again.

All the emotion all season long has gone to sh*t. Another epic fail at the hand of the Vikings. The Colts are gonna annihilate the Saints in the Super Bowl and I wish that game was tomorrow. I hate the f'ing Saints.

VC15

Reaction score
Please, don't tell me you're you are comparing ShEli to Peyton. Or even Brady for that matter.

Eli is terrible.
Considering that he plays most of his game in a very windy stadium every season and has gotten statistically better by the season, I'd venture to say that was a retarded statement. Who is your QB again? And didn't we blank you this year?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am utterly embarrassed and once again, that familiar feeling of anger mixed with disappointment has overtaken me. I don't know how much more of this sh*t I can take. This franchise needs to trade Adrian Peterson while the entire world still thinks he is so great. The guy hasn't done jacksh*t in 8 weeks, can't hold onto the football, and worse...gives it up at the worst possible time in a game. Re-sign Chester Taylor and utilize Percy Harvin out of the backfield when that change of pace is needed.

Brett Favre needs to call it a career. I appreciate all the guy has done for my team this season but he got smacked in the mouth all game and couldn't handle it. Nearly all of his throws were way off and we saw too much of 'vintage Brett' tonight in trying to force it into coverage. Nobody registered on this forum would of been dumb enough to attempt both passes that were picked off.

This game was ours to win, we were the better team going into it and we had the Saints backed into a corner. Give the ball up 4 times and still the game goes into overtime. I don't blame anybody but the Vikings for handing the Saints a trip to Miami on a silver F'ing platter. I am so mad right now that I will stop just short of wishing that the levy breaks again.

All the emotion all season long has gone to sh*t. Another epic fail at the hand of the Vikings. The Colts are gonna annihilate the Saints in the Super Bowl and I wish that game was tomorrow. I hate the f'ing Saints.
Posts like these make this entire thing even better... :smile:

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Considering that he plays most of his game in a very windy stadium every season and has gotten statistically better by the season, I'd venture to say that was a retarded statement. Who is your QB again? And didn't we blank you this year?
One year? Sure.

Wasn't that like week three?

Didn't we close the season out better than you?

Yeah.

Don't make excuses, he's two years past leading the league in INT's.

He'll never be half as good as his brother.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Posts like these make this entire thing even better... :smile:
It's just the heat of the moment, I get that way a lot too. I'm sure you've had plenty of years where things didn't go the way you had hoped and you were very frustrated.

Anyways, Colts vs. Saints now... Go Saints!!! If Minnesota didn't turn it over 5 times they clearly had the game in their grasp, I didn't like the calls in OT either. When that much is on the line just let the players play! I'm glad Favre came out alive because they were nailing him all night.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
All of a sudden my OVERRATED chants referring to AP aren't so laughable.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
One year? Sure.

Wasn't that like week three?

Didn't we close the season out better than you?

Yeah.

Don't make excuses, he's two years past leading the league in INT's.

He'll never be half as good as his brother.
Im a Giants fan and Im just as critical as anyone when it comes to Eli. And I think he is a good QB, not great, but really good. He is progressively gotten better and what is most telling is that he had his best year statistically with a bunch of rookie WR's and players that had to step up. Which leads me to believe that Eli still has more untapped potential to reach as he creates some chemistry with those WR's.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's just the heat of the moment, I get that way a lot too. I'm sure you've had plenty of years where things didn't go the way you had hoped and you were very frustrated.

Anyways, Colts vs. Saints now... Go Saints!!! If Minnesota didn't turn it over 5 times they clearly had the game in their grasp, I didn't like the calls in OT either. When that much is on the line just let the players play! I'm glad Favre came out alive because they were nailing him all night.
Should be a great game.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i honestly cant believe favre threw that pick, hes too much of a <Censored> to run 5 yards.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why's it hard to believe? Favre=Overrated

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
i honestly cant believe favre threw that pick, hes too much of a <Censored> to run 5 yards.
Just trying to make something happen that wasn't there. If he did run he probably wouldn't of gotten very far since he was pretty banged up but at least they could have got to attempt the winning field goal, I'm sure it's going to eat him alive for a long time.

Mooche

Reaction score
Just trying to make something happen that wasn't there. If he did run he probably wouldn't of gotten very far since he was pretty banged up but at least they could have got to attempt the winning field goal, I'm sure it's going to eat him alive for a long time.
Exactly. You don't make that throw. He committed one of the most "cardinal sins" for a QB, throwing across your body (while on the run, especially). You either chuck it out of bounds or maybe he scampers and ducks out of bounds after two, regardless, you DO NOT make that throw.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS - Braylon Edwards wasn't happy. After beating fill-in CB Jacob Lacey for an 80-yard touchdown in the second quarter, Edwards saw only three more passes thrown his way in Sunday's 30-17 AFC title loss to the Colts.

Edwards said, "We didn't have the same attitude" in the second half. "Take that for what it is."

Asked if he felt under-utilized, Edwards said, "I don't know. You have to interview the players and coaches. It just wasn't the same."

Was he upset with the play-calling?

"No disrespect, but you witnessed the game," Edwards said.

Edwards (two catches for 100 yards, one drop) felt he was consistently beating Lacey in single coverage. Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said he called "a number of" deep balls, but he claimed the Colts used a split-safety look on downs they didn't expect.

"I don't call the plays," Edwards said. "I just run them."

Mark Sanchez stayed clear of any second-guessing.

"I'm happy with the plays we got," he said.

Lacey started for the injured Jerraud Powers.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I do not understand the calls made at the end of the game. I have no biases towards either team, anyone can attest to that, but I think the Vikings got robbed hard. Granted, they screwed themselves over at the end of the game -- I was yelling "don't do this Brett" at the TV -- but three straight completely blown calls finished them off. What baffled me was that two of the calls were reviewed yet the officiating crew could still not get it right. I also believe that when the place of the ball was reviewed after 3rd that the ball actually should have been moved back a few more feet and the refs gave the Saints a generous spot. The play after that they got the first when it was clear that the ball was behind the marker. Forward progress should not have mattered because the ball was knocked loose for a split second. Next play, a pass interference where it was painfully obvious the receiver was untouched by the defender. The ref didn't even throw the flag until after the play which is even more confusing. And then theres the next review where the ref for some odd reason gave the Saints the catch. Hopefully we'll never see this crew ref another playoff game again because they f/cked up bigtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%