2009 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're looking at the Rockets #1 fan for the next week or two.

I'm With ATL

Reaction score
Bynum has been great on Yao this season and so has Pau

speaking of which, who's gonna guard Pau?
Scola has to. Pau owns Scola. we have a HUGE advantage there

Battier cant stop Kobe. And Artest wont be guarding Kobe as much because they do need him on offense too. this isnt football. If Artest guards Kobe, he'll be tired when they really need him

we have too much fire power to not win. If you really want to be simple, bottom line is they can't outscore us. say what you want about defense, but we seldom dont score at least 90

this is Lakers in 5, 6 max and I wouldnt be suprised to see a sweep
Artest can guard Kobe and Battier can do the scoring. Besides, playing Kobe isnt gonna hurt you on Offense. Kobe has never been good on D.

"Pau? Get that weak <Censored> outta here!" Scola already said it!

Alright, he might not have said it yet, but fire power? you have nothing. Pau doesnt make much of a difference at all, its still a horrible team. The Rockets have the fire power. They're the underdogs, they have the match ups, they have the scorers and defenders. All you have is Derek Fisher and the softest player in history (aka Vujacic)

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol horrible team? wtf?

65-17!? tied for our best record ever?
Pau doesnt make a difference? 19/0 sucks right?

man its ok to be a laker hater. everyone is nowadays. but dont be that biased.
re-read what you just said. thats ridiculous lol

Kobe has never been good on D? what the hell are you smoking bro?
all defensive first team 6 times.

he's gonna hurt us on offense? what the hell are you talking about? you do know this is KOBE BRYANT we're talking about right?

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What match-ups? The Lakers didn't sweep the season series just because.

Fisher > Brooks

Brooks didn't do <Censored> against the Lakers his two starts this season (shot 5 for 14), and he's too small to guard Fisher. With small guards like Brooks, Fisher always takes advantage.

Kobe > Artest & Battier
Kobe ALWAYS looks forward to facing defensive guys like Artest/Battier, it lights an extra fire in his belly. He averaged 28.3 pts on 53% shooting, and also 53% shooting from 3. also 5.0 assists against the Rockets this season. I don't or never saw how Artest OR Battier has ever stopped him this season. When Kobe and Artest went at it this season, you saw the flaw, Artest tried to make it personal and do too much which hurt Houston a lot more then it helped them.

Also did you really say that Artest can guard Kobe and Battier will do the scoring? LMFAO.. LOL...ROFL.. ROFL<Censored>INGCOPTER. Battier never was and never will be a scorer. All of his points come from spot up shooting, and against the Blazers he only shot 38.9% averaging 8.9 pts.

Ariza < Artest

Okay so the Rockets do have an advantage.. woooo....

Gasol > Scola
Gasol averaged 18 ppg against the Rockets this season. Also how does he not make much of a difference? All-star talent and an olympian, wether he's in the game with either Bynum or Odom, Gasol can either post you up, or face up the basket which gives a huge problem to Scola who's undersized with limited lateral quickness. He can't keep up with Gasol, he has never kept up with Gasol throughout the season.

Bynum < Ming
Yao only averaged around 15 ppg against LAL this season. Yao is playing for more talented players in Bynum and Gasol then Pryzbilla or Oden. With LAL's tandem he has to play on both sides of the court, against the Blazers neither Pryzbilla or Oden are scorers, they hardly ever do dirt offensively so Yao didn't have to work as much; it's a different story when it comes to LA. That's how it was last season, that's how it is this season. Yao didn't do much against LA's big guys.

and if you wanna play the bench. LAL still has the advantage. Odom is easily better than anyone Houston has on the bench. He could easily take on the undersized Hayes or Landry. Both are gritty, but Odom can take anyone out to the three-point lane, and when he wants to take it inside, or create scoring opportunities.

For Houston, they only have one scoring threat off the bench in Wafer who doesn't do much else, which is going to be a huge problem because if you're going to keep playing Battier/Artest to guard Kobe so then when does he get to play? Lowry/Landry/Hayes are only the dirt/defensive type of players, something that didn't work so well against LA.

Scorers and defenders... Houston never had a chance at defending LA this season, and when it came down to it, they always tried to outscore the Lakers which they never did either. LA beat Houston by an average of 13 pts in their 4 games this season. Also if you wanna talk about scoring, while LAL has lapses defensively, offensively the fire will always be there. Third in the league in scoring this season.

LAL in 5... maybe 6.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
omg he's back
you'll love this dude whisper lol

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel bad Mexi, I got a new job so I've been hella busy lately. I just got home from a meeting, then I saw his post, I had to say something lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it's all good, dont worry about it

he's been saying crazy stuff this whole playoffs lol
Cavs over Hawks in 7
Celts over Magic in 5

Rox over Lakers in 7
Nuggets over Mavs in 5

and him saying Kobe has never been good on D, Pau sucks, Lakers are a horrible team are just golden
but I like him :)

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First of all. Lakers have this. The one thing i like the rockets have going is that artest is trying to bait kobe into getting into more of a individual battle. Like you saw when he said something about roy was the only player to drop 40 on him.The rockets want to see the young selfish i can outdo you kobe. But at the same time i think kobe is too smart for this. Lakers win in 6 max.

BTW: Von Wafer will have 2 20 point games this series book it!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that'd be nice

lakers win tonight is gonna be closer than the game was because i already know the Lakers are gonna get bored and blow a big lead again, watch

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Phil said ego ears will get more minutes this series since the rockettes guards are smaller. I was hoping shannon would continue to get his minutes. Kobe is gonna go off i know it. He's gonna be out to show why he believes he shouldve been the mvp.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rockets taking game 1, setting the tone.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hawks taking game 1, setting the tone.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not a chance, Hawks are garbage.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah, Rockets have great D and can win on the road, stop copying me you buffoon.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
whats up with ESPN riding Wade's cock all season?
Last night they had his top moments on SC. They didnt do that with Kobe when he was eliminated in round 1 in 06 and 07. SMH

look at this too.

they just assumed ATL would lose lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%