2009 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<Censored> I forgot the Nuggets are known for running up the score, so we have to continue playing

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
We better bring it next game. I just want this team to do really well that is all. Some things that I noticed:

A) We got killed in the post.

B) Howard was non-existent in the 2nd half.

C) Kidds horrible passes are pissing me off.

D) Barea should drive more and force the issue.

E) Bass needs to be more involved in the post and get some easy plays.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with A, B is something that happened 90% of the time in the regular season though, it was just towards the end of the season and the playoffs where Howard actually showed up in the 2nd half. C, this was a bad game for Kidd, he RARELY has two in a row, I'm not worried about him. He's a HOFer. For D, Barea is going to have a hard time driving with Birdman in the lane getting all those blocks. But he does need to be more aggresive. I agree. E goes a little with D, Birdman was dominant today

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' post='4046196' date='May 3 2009, 04:57 PM']MEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO[/quote]
How bout them below .500, swept in the first round Pistons?

GTFO

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The one thing I hate about George Karl, he runs up the score. We've put in our scrubs, you've won, no need to have Billups K-Mart, JR Smith, Melo in there.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Mhm time to make some adjustments. I like what Dirk did today, too bad he didnt have that wingman to back him up today.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How bout them below .500, swept in the first round Pistons?

GTFO
U shouldnt be talkin about gettin swept right now. If your Mavs keep playing like they are right now they will get swept.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' post='4046207' date='May 3 2009, 05:03 PM']U shouldnt be talkin about gettin swept right now. If your Mavs keep playing like they are right now they will get swept.[/quote]
A) It won't happen unless Dirk gets injured next game
B) At least it would be in the 2nd round

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about your below .500, old team Cerron

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because you're team is out of the playoffs, actually they weren't even in the playoffs. And you're calling out my team. So I dished it back

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because you're team is out of the playoffs, actually they weren't even in the playoffs. And you're calling out my team. So I dished it back
You started this first all i said MELO, and u went on and talked about the Pistons o_O.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
what were you expecting? We're not dumb, you know you were aiming it at Mavs fans, so we responded. Think before you post cerron :)

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
what were you expecting? We're not dumb, you know you were aiming it at Mavs fans, so we responded. Think before you post cerron :)
You think it was aimed toward you plus when everytime Carmelo scores the PA announcer calls him Melllllllllllllloooooooooo, so if u Mad take your anger on someone else.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
how come you didn't do that with anyone else in the playoffs?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[quote name='I'm With ATL' post='4046101' date='May 3 2009, 01:52 PM']Whats so hard to believe about Rockets beating the lakers? Lakers have horrible D, Rockets have some great shooters. Then on match ups, whose gonna guard Yao? Artest/Battier should do a good job guarding Kobe. I dont see how the Lakers can win a series like that.[/quote]
Bynum has been great on Yao this season and so has Pau

speaking of which, who's gonna guard Pau?
Scola has to. Pau owns Scola. we have a HUGE advantage there

Battier cant stop Kobe. And Artest wont be guarding Kobe as much because they do need him on offense too. this isnt football. If Artest guards Kobe, he'll be tired when they really need him

we have too much fire power to not win. If you really want to be simple, bottom line is they can't outscore us. say what you want about defense, but we seldom dont score at least 90

this is Lakers in 5, 6 max and I wouldnt be suprised to see a sweep

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
onoz
Kobe has swine flu
man i hope not. they say he's questionable with a soar throat and on the news they said he had the flu
soar throat? flu?
i'm speculating about swine flu, but you never know

he'll play it's ok. we're not losing game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%