2009 Free-Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nate Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, said that Nate Robinson is certain to return to the Knicks.

"Yes, I'm 100 percent sure of that," Goodwin said. "Where else is he going to go?"

Goodwin does not think it's possible another team could make an offer to Robinson at this late stage of the off-season.

"Nate has made it clear from the start that he only wants to play for New York. After July 1, we didn't talk to any other teams," he said.

Goodwin says a contract will be finalized by next week.
Good to hear, 1 down 1 to go.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1 year deals are still looking dumb to me. I really hope you guys get no one, sorry but this is stupid.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Donnie has a plan, if it works, he'll look like a genius, especially if we do resign DLee and Nate next year.

Im on the wagon for it, the team we have hasnt won, so changes are needed and we dont have alot of leverage to begin with so changes need to be taken.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He won't look like a genius lol, an idiot could pass up signing a young stud(Ramon) and giving two really solid young players one eyar deals to try and snag a played like LBJ and Wade.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ramon was a bad idea to pass on, but Nate and Lee are very good players but not game changers like Wade and LeBron are.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, but he'll look really stupid if they don't leave, or if they go elsewhere. You know I was a fan of Donnie doing this, but now it's just annoying.

Wade, LBJ, Bosh, etc.. Know that they'll need more to win, and NY and all that money wouldn't make me want to go and be a one man team for who knows how long..

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well this 2010 is our only way up (other then holding out until the next wave of FA's come up) we dont have our 1st this year, and we have good young talent.

Basically depending one how Curry comes back, Gallo plays, Hill plays and Dub C's progression will depend on what happens in the offseason.

Having them play well will go a long way, coupled with the options we'd have to be able to resign Nate and Lee that is more then Wade has in Miami right now.

And honestly Id rather Wade to LeBron.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The agent for David Lee indicated Tuesday that his client is still the subject of sign-and-trade discussions between the Knicks and at least one other team.

"Nothing is done yet, but we're talking," Mark Bartelstein said about a new contract with the Knicks. "There are still some sign-and-trade scenarios that are being discussed or going back to the Knicks."

If Lee eventually does return to the Knicks, it would be on a one-year contract exceeding Lee's $2.7 million qualifying offer.

Via FanHouse

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks' President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced on Thursday that guard Sun Yue has been signed as a free agent. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Sun, 6-9, 205-pounds, averaged 0.6 points, 0.2 assists and 2.8 minutes in 10 games as a rookie last season with the L.A. Lakers. The Hebei, China-native was selected by the Lakers of the second round (40th overall) in the 2008 NBA Draft and also averaged 9.8 points, 3.7 assists and 3.3 rebounds in six games on assignment last season with the Los Angeles D-Fenders of the NBA Development League.

Via Press Release
Sun Yue>NBA

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Nuggets are pursuing free-agent guard Flip Murray with J.R. Smith suspended for the first seven games of the season. Smith was suspended by the NBA for pleading guilty to reckless driving in a 2007 accident that killed a passenger in his vehicle.

Denver made a minimum contract offer of $1.1 million to Murray, sources told FanHouse. However, Murray is hoping to get a deal worth the biannual exception of $1.99 million.

Via FanHouse

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mickael Gelabale will join the Lakers in training camp.

"It's a dream come true for me," Gelabale told HoopsHype. "It's a legendary team, with guys like Magic, Kareem, Kobe ... I was a fan of the team as a kid."

Gelabale will sign a non-guaranteed contract with Los Angeles prior to camp.

The former Sonics forward claims he's fully recovered from an ACL injury that cut his most recent NBA stint short.

"The knees are very good. It's 100 percent," Gelabale added. "We had some tests in Los Angeles and both of my knees are very, very strong. I've been working out a lot and now I'm even able to do things I couldn't do before.

Via HoopsHype
I know LA is scary deep but I hope he can stick with them and maybe crack the rotation.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They really aren't scary deep, Odom is there only good bench player.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
gelebale = ariza

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Kings signed swingman Desmond Mason(notes) on Sept. 17, adding the nine-year veteran to their youth-filled roster with the hope that he can contribute as he did in his younger years. Mason missed the second half of last season in Oklahoma City after hyperextending his right knee on Jan. 28 and having arthroscopic surgery days later. According to the Sacramento Bee, he signed a one-year deal for the league minimum of $1.18 million that is not guaranteed. He will be fighting for minutes with last year’s starting small forward, Andres Nocioni(notes), fifth-year swingman Francisco Garcia and youngsters Donte’ Greene (second season) and Omri Casspi(notes) (rookie).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%