2009 Free-Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They would need to add as they have no cap, I could see Outlaw or Webster and Rudy for DLee.. maybe

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind getting Outlaw in the deal, a Rudy + Outlaw for Lee sounds fair for both sides.

Outlaw would be a great addition off the bench, he would fill Nates role in scoring coming off the bench.

Im sure Fernandez would have a chance to start, unless we plan on starting Gallo at 2...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's still only like 6Mill at the most and DLee doesn't want that.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt it happens then, now that Im thinking about it. Walsh doesnt want to add anymore contracts b/c of 2010, and if he's not willing to pay DLee what he wants I doubt he's going to want to pay anyone else.

Only thing I see happening is a long wait and a 1yr deal in the end.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Donnie and his obsession with 2010 is ridiculous, he's losing out on some good deals because he wants to try and get one player.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Mavericks were among the teams interested in trading for Carlos Boozer this offseason, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.

Boozer told a radio station this summer that the team informed him that he wasn't in their long-term plans, spurring trade talk. Ford added that the Jazz have had discussions with the Bulls, Heat and Pistons about Boozer.

Via Deseret News

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Knicks are again pushing to make a trade for Ricky Rubio, according to a league source that spoke with the Star Tribune.

Minnesota would like acquire restricted free agents David Lee, Nate Robinson and a future No. 1 pick in the deal, while receiving cap relief for Mark Blount and Brian Cardinal.

Several weeks ago RealGM reported that the Knicks were in a holding pattern in their pursuit of free agent guards in case they could put themselves in position for Rubio.

Via Star Tribune

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We really need to let go of acquiring Rubio, and to think Donnie would give up DLee, Nate a First and take on CAP just to get a player that wont be able to play in 2011 is retarded.

I dont believe it one minute.

Maybe Nate and a 1st for Rubio, I could see that happening, but not whats said in the article.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks president Donnie Walsh is confident that David Lee and Nate Robinson will re-sign with the team soon.

"Things are moving along," Walsh told the New York Daily News. "Nothing is imminent, but the talks have been good."

Lee and Robinson are restricted free agents, and Walsh has said in the past that he would prefer to retain both players.

The Knicks, looking to preserve cap space for next summer, are believed to be offering solely one-year deals to the pair.

The Daily News estimates that Lee could get $7 million, while Robinson's one-year pact would be around $5 million
Out of all the supposed re-signings and S&T's that have been swirling around them, to hear this from Donnie is good. Hopefully it happens soon.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Desmond Mason visited the Nuggets this week and there is "mutual interest" between the two parties, according to the forward's agent.

"I think he'd bring a lot to the Nuggets. He's played for George [Karl] before, which is a big bonus," agent Roger Montgomery told FanHouse. "Absolutely [Mason is] interested."

Mason played for Karl in Milwaukee during the 2002-03 season.

Montgomery added that Mason, who missed half of last season with a hyperextended left knee, has a "clean bill" of health.

Denver is also in discussions with free agents Wally Szczerbiak and Ronald Murray.

"We're still in discussions, but that's not something I want to go into with the media," Szczerbiak told FanHouse. "We're communicating."

Via FanHouse

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Knicks are expected to sign restricted free-agent David Lee to a one-year contract after the Labor Day weekend, according to officials familiar with the talks.

"We can't get a deal," Walsh said about a potential sign-and-trade for Lee.

League sources think the deal will fall between $6 million and $8 million. The sides will exchange concrete proposals soon.

There is still an outside chance that the Knicks could be offered a player or players whom the team likes just as much as Lee. But Walsh doesn't foresee that happening, which means the two sides would agree to a one-year contract.

Walsh said Nate Robinson is also likely to return on a one-year contract.
Well played by Donnie, even though we lost out on Sessions which was a deal we should have really made, seeing as Duhon is gone after this year and we have no first.

Hopefully Nate becomes more of a playmaker, like he showed 2 years back.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Knicks have an open roster spot and Wally Szczerbiak is still unsigned.

Szczerbiak has been linked to the Nuggets this offseason, but nothing appears imminent between the forward and Denver.

Alan Hahn of Newsday believes that the Knicks could get Szczerbiak for the bi-annual exception ($1.9 million), which would be good value for a veteran of his caliber.

Szczerbiak is a native of Long Island, which might make New York an enticing destination.

Via Newsday
Now this will only be a one year deal, I expect NY to try and get him in a Knicks uni.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What exactly is a veteran of Wally's caliber? Because he can't shoot anymore, and that's what his strong point is.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe the fact he can help lead the young guys? Keep their heads on straight?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Knicks may have a one-year contract with David Lee completed by the end of the week, a source told Alan Hahn. Nate Robinson could follow with his own one-year deal.

Donnie Walsh said that talks were "at the point where we should start talking real numbers." Mark Bartelstein, Lee's agent, said, "We hope something gets done soon."

Via Newsday

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that free agent guard Gabe Pruitt has been signed to a contract.

Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Pruitt, 6-4, 170-pounds, has career averages of 2.0 points and 7.4 minutes in 62 games over two NBA seasons with the Boston Celtics. The Los Angeles, CA-native was selected by Boston, following his junior season at the University of Southern California, in the second round (32nd overall) of the 2007 NBA Draft.

Pruitt averaged 2.1 points in 15 games as a rookie in 2007-08, but was inactive for the Celtics during the playoffs and NBA Finals. He averaged 2.0 points and 7.8 minutes in 47 games last season and appeared in four games for the Celtics in the first two rounds of the 2009 NBA Playoffs.

Via Press Release

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We signed Pruitt and Warren Carter.

I can understand the Pruitt signing, need a backup PG. The Carter signing doesnt make sense, since he probably wont get a whole lot of PT.

I just want to see 1 yr deals for DLee and Nate soon.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sasha Pavlovic to Wolves, 1 year 1.5 million.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That was Khan's "mystery" free agent? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%