2009/2010 MLB Offseason Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny21

Reaction score
Yeah I know he's capable of hitting better than that. He hit like .270 in 2008 and that wasn't good for me

I usually give a player 3 years before I give up on them haha. I like Rowand and this is the deciding year
I haven't given up on him
I'm just frustrated with his performance as of now.

If we gave him a league minimum contract, I'd be more than happy. But his contract is really what irks me.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's just his opinion...and what exactly do you see the Jays doing? I don't see anything MAJOR that can happen.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Sweet! Holliday, Wolf, and Penny would be a good offseason. I really like Wolf and him coming back to the NL East.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Where are Yankees pulling out all of this money, they have enough money to go get Lackey to? Thats just unbelievable. However, I'd love to see the Sawx after all these are true.

Rotation: Beckett, Lester, Matsuzaka, Chapman, Harden
Pen: Bard, Wakefield, Delcarmen, Papelbon
Line-Up: CF Ellsbury, 2B Pedroia, C Martinez, 1B Youk, LF Bay, DH Ortiz, 3B Lowell, RF Drew, SS Scutaro

Just nasty

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope the Indians sign someone :unsure:

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't agree with most of those predictions but who knows

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
That's just his opinion...and what exactly do you see the Jays doing? I don't see anything MAJOR that can happen.
idk, with it being Halladay's last year, they have to make a push for the playoffs

I wouldn't be surprised whether they get a big name or not, but if they don't they won't be scoring on just one player, they'll probably bring in quite a few guys.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, i should have specified, though it says in the article, it's not just those three. That's just the framework of the deal.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the deal goes through Cubs get a huge steal, getting rid of Milton Bradley without having to cut him and that big contract = steal.

Gtown81

Reaction score
Are you <Censored>ing kidding me? Milton Bradley? He's the last guy I want as a Blue Jay

if that's the type of outfielder the Jays are looking for, I'm going to convert to another team

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
too bad they dont have Rios anymore.

Milton Bradley
Vernon Wells
Alex Rios

would have been amazing lol

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't want him on my team either but, for a glass half-full perspective, if he has a bounce-back year he's better than Overbay and it frees 1B for Adam Lind.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Milton did one great thing for the Dodgers.

Allowed us to acquire Andre Ethier from Oakland :D

but your right Baggs. Milton as DH could be great.
although i've heard he did so great with Texas because Jaramillo was his hitting coach.
too bad Milton hates Chicago. The two could have been reunited. I guess they still could if this rumor is BS

Gtown81

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't want him on my team either but, for a glass half-full perspective, if he has a bounce-back year he's better than Overbay and it frees 1B for Adam Lind.
There's problems in the clubhouse as it is, bringing in a bad attitude probably isn't the best idea. Also we need the money to throw at Halladay.

tbh, I think Milton is overrated and he just isn't the right fit in Toronto

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Chicago Tribune's Paul Sullivan is reporting that Toronto "wants no part of Milton Bradley." Meanwhile, Cubs GM Jim Hendry said that Chicago hasn't given up on Bradley, according to MLB.com's Scott Merkin. Of course, Hendry has to say that until the moment Bradley is traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%