2009/2010 MLB Offseason Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wish he was comin here instead.

Red Sox and Rangers are reportedly discussing a deal for Mike Lowell. Rangers catching prospect Max Ramirez is one of the players that could be involved in the deal. Personally, I'd rather have Saltalamacchia.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Mets havent done anything yet and the price for John Lackey just went up after Randy Wolf gets a 3 year deal worth 30 million. Mets need to make some kind of move because they have way too many holes to fill.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Final details on Matt Lidstrom deal:

Florida receives RHP Robert Bono, SS Luis Bryan, and Houston's pick in the Rule 5 draft (which is tomorrow)

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
11:50pm: The Boston Herald reports that "it appears the deal is done."
Ken_Rosenthal

Lowell hip, thumb issues could derail trade to Texas. "This thing could still blow up," one source said.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Both Jon Henry, Sox owner, and Bud Selig have to sign off on the money being transferred too.

I'll be sad to see Mike go. I always liked him, but now the Sox have depth in young catcher. It has to be almost a certainty one gets dealt for a guy like Halladay since Jays want young MLB-ready catching. Personally, I think I'd rather see Exposito go before Ramirez. Exposito has great defensive tools but Ramirez is the better hitter. I think ST with VMart and Tek would do Ramirez well in improving his defense. Plus, I'd probably get to see him in Pawtucket next year lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i thought VMart sucked at catching?

he caught a ton last year with the Sox. I remember reading he was going to be a 1B/DH soon.
i guess that will happen. maybe sooner with Lowell possibly being gone

and good point about the Halladay stuff and the surplus of catchers
damn, Theo knows how to do it.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, but, it comes with a price, he's paying roughly 20 mill for players on other teams (Lowell, Lugo, Wagner, and a couple others)

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah but Boston has the money (unlike the Dodgers > _>)

Halladay
Lester
Beckett in a contract year
DiceK
Buccholz if he's there.

damn.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, this is setting up an Adrian Beltre signing, whom the Red Sox are reported very interested in. Meh, like Lowell, he'll improve with the Green Monster in LF but I'd rather go somewhere else for the position. Be it getting someone else to play 1B and shifting Youk over or what have you. Personally, I'd like to see them get Dan Uggla to play 3rd. Actually, I'd LOVE to see them get Uggla lol

Heck, I can even see them take a flier on a guy like Delgado, if he's healthy enough to play 1st. Youk moves to 3rd, Delgado splits time at 1B/DH, with Martinez taking some time at 1B/C/DH too.

Point is, the Sox have options.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah but Boston has the money (unlike the Dodgers > _>)

Halladay
Lester
Beckett in a contract year
DiceK
Buccholz if he's there.

damn.
Buccholz almost has to be part of any Halladay deal. It'll be something like Buccholz, Reddick/Kalish, Pimintel, Ramirez/Exposito, and maybe Anderson. Young, MLB ready, talent at P, OF, and C.

I'm thinking
Halladay
Lester
Beckett
DiceK
Bedard/Duchscherer

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah your right

that rotation is nasty nasty nasty. if it happens, that will certainly be fun to watch all year

i love watching good pitching.
Kershaw <3

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Mets offer contracts to Jason Bay and Bengie Molina.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Bengie Molina

the mets have a million catchers

and thats good about Bay. we'll see if wants to play in that canyon

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Bengie Molina

Don't hate on Bengie.

He's probably the Giants last option at catcher and if not, Posey's probably coming up and filling in at full time catcher...good and bad in a way. I think he's ready but then again, I want him to play more AAA games at C.

Also, I read that Holliday and Bay would like to play in SF...thats just from Boras's mouth though <_<

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
lol Bengie Molina

We dont have a million. We have Omir Santos who is the starter right now. Blanco is the back up and Coste was sent to AAA.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
mets' offer to Bay was 4 years and in the range of 60 to 65M. Heyman seems to think Boston wont up their offer, but he also thinks it would take a 5th year from the Mets to lock him up.

Mets apparently have no interest in engaging in long, drawn-out negotiations for Holliday.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
as for Mets catchers, Santos will most likely platoon with Blanco with coste as a backup in AAA should someone struggle or get injured. Probably notthis year, but next year hopefully Thole will have progressed and be good enough defensively to at least platoon in 2011, though he might start.

So heck, he might be learning things from Coste down in AAA...

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
as for Mets catchers, Santos will most likely platoon with Blanco with coste as a backup in AAA should someone struggle or get injured. Probably notthis year, but next year hopefully Thole will have progressed and be good enough defensively to at least platoon in 2011, though he might start.

So heck, he might be learning things from Coste down in AAA...
Yea thats the plan. I would prefer Bay over Holliday because of the money issue. Sign Marquis and try to trade for Halladay.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
In my opinion Halladay is a long-shot. Thing is, teams are sitting back and not offering Lackey a deal because of Halladay.

If the Angels trade for Halladay, which in my opinion they will, that opens the door to Lackey. I think the Mets sign Bay and Lackey, and if they can afford it, they sign Marquis as well.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the Jays offered Halladay to the Mets midseason and the Mets said no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%