2008 Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
u do know that the super bowl is NFC vs AFC right?

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
im thinking it will be Pittsburgh and Carolina in the super bowl

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Chargers will beat the Steelers this weekend and the Panthers will put a whoopin on the Cardinals.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
what makes you think that the Chargers will take out Pittsburgh?

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I can see it being Ravens Panthers in the superbowl.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
what makes you think that the Chargers will take out Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh relies on their Defense which, I understand is good. I don't see the Steelers as a Superbowl team and I don't see them getting past this round and IF they do they'll lose the next game. The Chargers lost by one point last meeting and the Chargers had several turnovers AND the Chargers have gotten a LOT better since then. I didn't expect the Chargers to beat the Colts and they did. They have a lot of momentum right now and they are a team not to be taken lightly right now. You don't even know how Ben will do after the concussion. Is he even playing? I haven't heard or read anything on him. Guessing he probably is.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
well i can understand on how people feel that Ben won't have a great game cause of his concussion and that the steelers are mainly d and haven't been able to turn turn overs into points alot and yea Chargers have alot of momentum right now but Pittsburghs d i feel will be a huge part in the game and Steelers will show up to play on the offensive side to. I just feel that the Steelers are gonna come out to prove that they are more than just a defensive team.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
well i can understand on how people feel that Ben won't have a great game cause of his concussion and that the steelers are mainly d and haven't been able to turn turn overs into points alot and yea Chargers have alot of momentum right now but Pittsburghs d i feel will be a huge part in the game and Steelers will show up to play on the offensive side to. I just feel that the Steelers are gonna come out to prove that they are more than just a defensive team.
Or are you a bit biased since the Steelers are one of your teams??

The Chargers defense has gotten a lot better too. Offense and Defense. They were a team at 4-8 and ended up winning out - beating the Broncos - winning the division - beating the Colts with a great defensive performance. I'm sorry to say - If they can shut down the Colts offense they can easily shut down the Steelers offense. I'll take the team with the greatest amount of momentum right now and playing well on both sides of the ball.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
Pittsburgh may be one of my teams and of course i want them to win but i will admit to the fact that yea Chargers have improved ALOT over time and has become a great team and yea they can shut us down if they're able to take on the Colts and take care of them and even though they have alot of momentum i just feel that Pittsburgh is gonna be able to pull off a win. But it should be a real good game

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I liked what I heard from Bill Cowher yesterday on the NFL today

COWHER "Next season watch out for the Cincinnati Bengals, I am picking them to make it to the playoffs next season, this year the Bengals defense finished 12th while the offense finished dead last, next year they get back Carson Palmer and Cedric Benson has really came into his own. There offense is going to turn it around next year and make it to the playoffs." ..... Cowher sounded pretty confident too, everybody else could not believe what he was saying

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
even though with the year that they had a could see them making a good run next year. But we'll see when we get there.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The Giants are getting no respect. A lot of people are picking the Eagles to beat us. We'll see come sunday.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
It's how we did it last year, some people just never learn...
No offense I just don't see it happening two years in a row. I could be wrong but it's just my opinion. Nothing against the Giants.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
yea i agree with Palmer don't get me wrong they are a great team and pulled off a great win last year but i don't see them winning 2 in arow but wouldn't be surprised if they beat Philly.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
One SB is hard enough to do, let alone Two, and back-to-back at that. They are definately a great team, but last year they sort of went under the radar, and this year everyone has their eyes on them. Plus, their is more talent in the Playoffs this year, than there was last year, imo.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
yea i agree with Palmer don't get me wrong they are a great team and pulled off a great win last year but i don't see them winning 2 in arow but wouldn't be surprised if they beat Philly.
If they do manage to beat Phili then I look for them to lose to the Panthers. I understand they beat the Panthers in the regular season but that was a very close game and I can just feel it. That's IF they beat the Eagles and Phili always plays them tough even when they are away so anything can happen in that game. Time will tell.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinions. But this team feeds off of the underdog role and to a certain extent we are underdogs. I think this game will come down to how well the Eagles can stop the Giants rushing attack.

VC15

Reaction score
I understand they beat the Panthers in the regular season but that was a very close game
LOL we were missing so many key players that game it wasn't even funny. But like I said before, and FS just said, we'll embrace the underdog road again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%