2015 NCAA Tournament Thread

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
ESPN was saying he was better than Coach K all week leading up to that Final 4 game

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well i don't watch espn so there's that lol

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Oh yeah the slurpfest was so real haha

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Local radio station tried to say Izzo was better than Coach K. He said that Coach K only has more titles because he has the recruits to win games. And that "pound for pound" Izzo is better. 

But like, isn't recruiting part of being a college coach? lol. Unfair to take that away from Coach K because he is a damn good recruiter. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
Local radio station tried to say Izzo was better than Coach K. He said that Coach K only has more titles because he has the recruits to win games. And that "pound for pound" Izzo is better. 

But like, isn't recruiting part of being a college coach? lol. Unfair to take that away from Coach K because he is a damn good recruiter. 
that's my favorite part of the "winning with lessor recruits" argument. Recruiting is half of the job, maybe more.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
getting more out of lesser talent is one thing, but it doesn't make anyone better. recruiting the top prospects is the most important thing.

izzo is great, but he's not coach K great.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah no one tops Coach K. I'd probably say Izzo is 2nd though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you can't deny how well he gets his team's to play late in the season. it's honestly pretty amazing.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah it really is. That is the last time I don't put State in at least the Sweet 16. Regardless of talent, he gets the job done. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they really fucked me

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but i still won our bracket lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bo Ryan whining about refs and one and done players. What a bum 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The one-and-done players thing was dumb, but he had a legitimate point about reffing. The last 10 minutes of that game were rather atrocious on the officiating end. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
There were two out of bounds plays that were bad. Every single one of their fouls was a foul. Especially given that they were called for TWO fouls in the first half. Wisconsin (and Virginia) get away with so much shit on defense based on the reputation that "they don't foul".

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I agree--and Duke capitalized on those fouls. What I'm saying is that Wisconsin should have at least seen the free throw line in those last ten minutes. When a highly competitive game ends in double bonus for one team and the other not even shooting bonus, something got out of hand. 2 fouls in 20 minutes is fucking atrocious officiating in the first half, but at least the game is salvageable. Just be fair in the second half. It appeared the officials tried to "even the field." I'm not suggesting favoritism. I just think they were too worried about that first half differential.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
They did see the line? Just off the top of my head Frank had that and one on the spin move. Wisconsin shoots a lot of jumpers though

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I know, but you can't swallow your whistles on one end of the floor in a competitive game and not expect some backlash.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The reffing didn't matter, Duke's defense was great

Duke was in the double bonus, while Wisconsin had like 4 or 5 fouls against, with like 3 minutes to go. It was over then, with Wisconsin's state of ball movement and possession; Duke played fantastic defense and used the lack of fouling to their advantage

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
There are no excuses to swallow your whistles on one end of the floor for 10 minutes of a second half.

They butchered the first half in Wisconsin's favor. We know that, but you can't try to "even it out" in the second half. You just to be better and keep the foul differential close. In a competitive game, it should be. It gets out of hand in games that get out of hand, but between two competitive and physical teams, it absolutely shouldn't.

Aside from that, college officiating is getting impaled right now over its inconsistency. I hope that puts the problem on the board for the NCAA

For the record, does the NCAA even want to change the current issues with NCAA Men's? I would argue that these issues are part of the reason the 12-15 seeds are pulling off so many shockers in recent years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%