Granger: Noah Is A 'Dirty Player'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Danny Granger had to be restrained from going after Bulls center Joakim Noah as the teams exchanged handshakes on the court at the end of the Bulls' series-ending 116-89 win.

Granger accused Noah of playing dirty throughout the game, taking cheap shots at Pacers, including forward Josh McRoberts, who was ejected in the third quarter.

Granger was in the hallway outside the locker room using expletives to describe Noah's play.

"Everybody saw what Josh did and he got ejected," Granger said. "Nobody caught what happened first. It's always the second man. (Noah) was playing dirty the whole game. My teammates got caught with it and nothing happened."

Reaction score
He is, there's no doubt about it. He takes jabs, elbows, and pushes whenever he has a chance. McRoberts deserved to get tossed, but then again Noah did in almost every game this series, as did Boozer. They have a very bad mindset about how to play the game in my opinion. They're good and then win, but they win dirty. Granger did a good job calling him out on it, because it's very true.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Lets not just look at what Noah did. Lets also look at some pretty hard fouls from Jeff Foster. Dude knocked down Rose pretty badly a couple of times, I think thats what it takes sometimes from teams. To show that your not going to get bitched around by another team. More specifically to your best player too.

Mooche

Reaction score
Lets not just look at what Noah did. Lets also look at some pretty hard fouls from Jeff Foster. Dude knocked down Rose pretty badly a couple of times, I think thats what it takes sometimes from teams. To show that your not going to get bitched around by another team. More specifically to your best player too.
The physical play definitely went both ways..

Lake Louise

Reaction score
He definitely is. At the same time, the physicality and intensity increases in playoff basketball, that's a given. There's a difference between being more physical and being dirty, and Noah falls under the latter.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Id0BM9JBM

Yeah...Noah is in the wrong here. :rolleyes:

Noah is a physical, high motor player that gets caught up in the moment quite a bit. Earlier in the game he threw an elbow to the side of Dunleavy's head that was clearly an accident... I'm sure they feel that was a dirty play too though.

Pacers played a tough series. Played their hearts out. Just let it go and move on... Series is over.

Have a nice summer, Danny.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats frustration talking

Reaction score
Hurricane, you'll be enjoying your Summer after the next series. Just saying, the Bulls looked bad, we exploited their weaknesses.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thank you for the support.

That's nothing new though. I said the exact same thing in the Playoff discussion thread.

It's not surprising that the Pacers are still talking.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I mean, he's still talking because he's hurting. That's a good thing, IMO. You don't want a guy to just move on.

dcpwner

Reaction score
I wish the Pacers would just shut up. Frankly you were lucky to push game 5 because of the 4th quarter breakdowns, you deserved to lose everyone of the first 4 games. And we came out and killed them at our place. Every player plays dirty and/or physical it happens all the time in all sports. Deal with it, especially mcroberts he should kno shit happens and control himself stupid to react to a guy trying to make a play with a blatant shove after the play. That's just dumb.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is, there's no doubt about it. He takes jabs, elbows, and pushes whenever he has a chance. McRoberts deserved to get tossed, but then again Noah did in almost every game this series, as did Boozer. They have a very bad mindset about how to play the game in my opinion. They're good and then win, but they win dirty. Granger did a good job calling him out on it, because it's very true.
LMAO at this guy...

Did you watch any of the games? Ever heard of Jeff Foster? Did you miss the elbow drop he layed on Luol?

I've watched Joakim Noah for 4 seasons and he is far from dirty. Maybe in Chris Bosh's world he is dirty, because he hustles, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Danny Granger needs to just be quiet. Dude has been talking all series and has done nothing but make himself look like an idiot.

Noah should've busted a move all over the Pacers...

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LMAO at this guy...

Did you watch any of the games? Ever heard of Jeff Foster? Did you miss the elbow drop he layed on Luol?

I've watched Joakim Noah for 4 seasons and he is far from dirty. Maybe in Chris Bosh's world he is dirty, because he hustles, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Danny Granger needs to just be quiet. Dude has been talking all series and has done nothing but make himself look like an idiot.

Noah should've busted a move all over the Pacers...

lmao he shouldve done that shit. That shit would be funny as fuck haha.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Noah returned the praise, even after hearing of Granger's frustration.

"I played dirty? Ok. I'm just trying to win basketball games, man," Noah said. "It's the name of the game.

"I'm just out there trying to do what I gotta do. Like i said, I give a lot of credit to their team. The play hard as hell. They were competitive. I don't have anything bad to say about them. Everybody saw what happened out there. Now you want to call me a dirty player? I don't think I've ever been a dirty player. It is what it is. It's ok."

The Pacers were the ones credited with dictating the series' physical style in the first three games, but Noah seemed to turn up the intensity in Game 5.

McRoberts appeared to catch an elbow to the neck when he and Noah battled near the lane. He then tried to return a shot, for which he was assessed a flagrant 2 foul and ejected. But McRoberts didn't agree with Granger's assertion that the play was dirty.

"I'm not mad about it," McRoberts said. "He got a good hit on me. They caught me trying to hit him back.

"It's part of the game. I'm not going to say it's dirty. That's Game 5 of a playoff series. You can't say it's dirty, it's part of basketball."

Bulls guard Kyle Korver was surprised to hear that a Pacer was crying foul.

"Come on now. All this stuff we've talked about with the Pacers the last few days and how they're [giving] hard fouls," Korver said. "Come on. It's the playoffs, right?

"It's the playoffs. That's what it is. There's going to be hard fouls. There's going to be stuff being said. I think they were mad they were down a little bit, and Jo played with a lot of energy. Jo played great. Jo's one of those guys, when you're not on his team he pisses you off. That's just the way it is. He's like Jeff Foster. When he's on your team, you love him. When he's on the other team, you hate him. And that's one of the special things about Jo."

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think what Granger meant to say was an UGLY player.
Cause he is the ugliest player in the league lol.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hurricane, you'll be enjoying your Summer after the next series. Just saying, the Bulls looked bad, we exploited their weaknesses.
It went 5 games. and the magic/hawks dont match up the same that indiana did

Reaction score
Hahahaha are you so naive DROSE4MVP to say they didn't deserve to win any of those games. You proved yourself wrong by saying that the Pacers only lost because of 4th quarter breakdowns. If we weren't so young we would've swept you lol, so shut your mouth or learn to actually say things that prove your point, not work against you.

As for you bestkept whatever, Noah is far from dirty? Bro, come on now. He starts fights, gets technicals, and throws elbows and shoves. The dude is dirty, and everyone, even most Bulls fans admit that. Get a clue, and maybe you should start watching actual games, not just his highlites. Get of his nuts son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%