Best Players at Each Position

BIGBADChitown

Reaction score
Hey he tried real hard on that play. He jumped high!!! hahaha. Trust me if this discussion was back in like 2004-05 i wld know everything. I rly lost my touch with NFL i only watch the Bears and the Titans if there on.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Hey he tried real hard on that play. He jumped high!!! hahaha. Trust me if this discussion was back in like 2004-05 i wld know everything. I rly lost my touch with NFL i only watch the Bears and the Titans if there on.
Close but no cigar, story of DeAngelos life.

Might wanna game back up on it.

BIGBADChitown

Reaction score
Seeing there might not be a season it will be hard. But im rly trying to keep up with the NFL.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
You obviously don't know what Dual is.

Dual = Best overall Receiving and Blocking TE in the league. A TE who can do both well is lost in this league.

People like Gates, Clark, Davis, etc ARE RECEIVING TEs. Marcedes is a big part of what makes MJD, MJD.

He's also a very good receiver. He hasn't had 1000 yards receiving? Still was in the Pro Bowl. He doesn't have 1000 because, well, look at who his QB is.
Yes I know what dual is, one part of that is missing which is the receiving. Tony Gonzalez is a better dual threat and so is Jason Witten.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Yes I know what dual is, one part of that is missing which is the receiving. Tony Gonzalez is a better dual threat and so is Jason Witten.
How is it missing?

You do know Marcedes was a Receiving TE coming out of COLLEGE right? Mike Tice turned him into a dual threat TE.

Witten can't block as well, and Gonzo has never been a blocking TE.

Your logic = wrong.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Adrian Peterson
FB: Tim Tebow
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Vernon Davis
T: Joe Thomas
G: Chris Snee
C: Nick Mangold

4-3 DE: Julius Peppers
4-3 DT: Jonathan Babineaux

3-4 DE: Haloti Ngata
3-4 NT: Vince Wilfork

Rush Linebacker (3-4): Clay Matthews (Demarcus Ware would be a very close runner up)

3-4 ILB: Patrick Willis

4-3 OLB: Chad Greenway
4-3 ILB: Jon Beason

CB: Darrelle Revis
S: Ed Reed

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The funny thing is that he included ALL DB's under one category...including safeties, and still has Deangelo Hall #1 lol.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
How is it missing?

You do know Marcedes was a Receiving TE coming out of COLLEGE right? Mike Tice turned him into a dual threat TE.

Witten can't block as well, and Gonzo has never been a blocking TE.

Your logic = wrong.
You havent seen much of Jason Witten then, hes made 7 pro bowls for a reason. Tight End of the year in 2010 too so he is definitely a dual threat. He practices with Ware every week and this is what he had to say about Witten's blocking:

It's a constant battle and one of the best parts of training camp, seeing two of the best players in the NFL at their positions go head to head each day, even for just a little bit.

"If I can get him," Ware said, "then everything else is cake."
Nice try though.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
You havent seen much of Jason Witten then, hes made 7 pro bowls for a reason. Tight End of the year in 2010 too so he is definitely a dual threat. He practices with Ware every week and this is what he had to say about Witten's blocking:

Nice try though.
SMH.

Hes made probowls because why? Not because hes dual threat. Alot of None Blocking TEs have made the pro bowl too.

Marcedes made it this year, and had a good year. IDK What fucking world you come from. But when you have a shitty QB, and spend 50% of the time blocking, especially for marcedes because out RT was injured. 700 yards is beast.

If Marcedes had Kitna or even Romo to throw him the ball (Both are passing QBs, not game managers). Then Marcedes would have more yards then Witten. Hes our ONLY target. You are seriously stupid at times.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I gotta agree with Kam here

Lewis is the #1 dual TE, with Gronk 2nd
The others are purely receivers

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
As a split option, you cannot say Boss or Miller> Rob
You can make an argument for Pettigrew, but IMO rob is better. Wasn't even #1 on his team in TE rec, yet he led the league with Lewis and Gates in TDs

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
As a split option, you cannot say Boss or Miller> Rob
You can make an argument for Pettigrew, but IMO rob is better. Wasn't even #1 on his team in TE rec, yet he led the league with Lewis and Gates in TDs
The TD stat for a TE can be ignored. I never once brought it up for Lewis because it doesn't really mean much.

Rob isn't a top 10 TE in the NFL. Probably not even top 15. You're just a Pat homer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%