Dwightmare Over! 4-Way Deal

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Otis Smith is going to gauge the mindset of Dwight Howard and make a determination on the best way to proceed. He would not rule out a trade, or any other course of action, depending on what he learns. Howard can be a free agent after the season and has made comments that some interpret as indicating a desire to leave Orlando.

"I don’t think you can take anything out of consideration," Smith said. "I think, one, you have to talk to your player first. We have to figure out where his head is, not where everyone thinks his head is, and just more figure out where he wants to be. And then you have to make the best decision of what’s in the best interests of the franchise. That’s how I’ve always went about it: to make the best decision that’s in the best interests of the Orlando Magic."
Via Orlando Sentinel

i figured since hes going to be a hot commodity then we might as well have a thread for all dwight related news.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It'll be weird seeing him in any color but that Orlando blue if he does indeed leave Orlando.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ric bucher on sportscenter said he thinks he'll be a mav

then he said the nets package might be better for a rebuilding team

but back to dallas. what the hell can they give up for dwight? i see nothing, but im probably missing something obvious. what do you guys think?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see anything they could give up either.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ric bucher on sportscenter said he thinks he'll be a mav

then he said the nets package might be better for a rebuilding team

but back to dallas. what the hell can they give up for dwight? i see nothing, but im probably missing something obvious. what do you guys think?
DeShawn Stevenson?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it really surprised me

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the mavs...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bucher also said kobe was 100% done as a laker. still hasnt lived that down

but still. mavs and dwight? would be a great fit, but i have no idea how they can get him
the only good piece they have is roddy beaubois even with a 3 way

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
kobe will be done when he retires :p

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Dwight would be a terrible fit in Dallas. They're going to be garbage faster than you can say Nowitzki.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i agree that they were a one hit wonder due to age, but dwight with dirk would be nice, dont be totally bitter

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'm not even bitter. Their best player is 33, Jason Kidd is like 100, Jason Terry is 34, Shawn Marion is 33, and they have no young talent other than Roddy who is likely nothing more than a role player.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dirk has aged amazingly well, but i agree

with dwight and with dirk becoming option 2, it would open their closing window

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
a person with knowledge of the team's strategy told CBSSports.com that executive Jim Buss finally has dropped his opposition to trading center Andrew Bynum "for the right deal." That's code for "a deal for Dwight Howard," and it's clear from those familiar with Howard's thinking that he'd like to join the Lakers. Bynum may or may not be on the Magic's list of suitable replacements for Howard in a potential deal that also would have to include young players on rookie contracts and draft picks. The Bucks' Andrew Bogut may be a better fit, a notion that has conjured speculation in the agent community of a three-team deal that would land Bynum in Milwaukee, Bogut in Orlando and Howard in L.A
interesting

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Two oft-injured centers aren't going to be the centerpieces in a trade for Dwight, regardless of their talent, without adding significantly more.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I honestly don't see why Howard would want to go to the Lakers or the Mavs. Both of those teams are old, and we saw in the playoffs last year that the door is almost shut on the Lakers.

I'd much rather go to a place like Jersey or the Clippers and be surrounded by young talent.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because the Clippers and Nets are 2nd tier compared to the Lakers and Knicks.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Dwight would be able to change the second-tier thing if he signed with the Nets and him and Deron brought home a title or two.

No hope of overtaking the Lakers though, they've been too good for too long to ever be dethroned in LA.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because the Clippers and Nets are 2nd tier compared to the Lakers and Knicks.
Dwight being on any team would greatly raise that teams play. Dwight going to the Lakers or Mavs (the Knicks? Seriously, what have they done?) wouldn't change the fact that those two teams are very close to having their window closed, one may already be there. He'd be right back in the same situation he is in in Orlando in a season or two.

Would you buy a car that you know will only run for one more year or would you buy a car that will run for the next 5+ years for the same price?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%