Yo...Cut Gallery?

RawrWithAPen

Reaction score
Any word on if this will open back up for new cuts? I have a broken hand right now so I can't cut anything out myself. I've been using Sportzin's cut gallery but most of them are a few years outdated. Thanks. :)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we dont really have anyone who post renders anymore.

JKnucks

Reaction score
If I knew how to cut properly I'd give it a go, I only tried it a few times years ago and most of them came out pretty choppy 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Right now i'm mostly concerned on straightening the cut gallery out. Unfortunately it's something that we neglected for roughly two years, and now a low of players are on the wrong teams. So once we get that straightened out we'll work on getting new renders up. 

This is something I wanted to have done already but with the new job and trying to balance things I, again, neglected it. 

With that said, if anyone who reads this topic has experience w/ cutting and would like to give us a hand over the next few weeks adding on some new players, please let us know. We would really appreciate the assistance. 

PS. I'm also going to move this to the support & feedback forum. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
There's also an error code when I try to delete a PSD, so until I learn anything about php it might be a little while until we get the gallery straightened out. 

RawrWithAPen

Reaction score
Once my hand gets straightened out, I'll cut some new players and upload them. Anything to help. If you need some moderation, I can help with that as well. My dad knows a bit about PHP so maybe I can get his help on how to delete files using PHP. Have you tried using filezilla to do it?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yea I have Filezilla. 

I was able to figure out how to delete them right on SI though, and the php thing wasn't an error but just a message being displayed to let me know the file was no longer there. It was confusing but I asked a few people and it seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary. it was pretty much just letting me know what file ID # was deleted. 

But once your hand is better we could definitely use your help getting some new renders up. 

RawrWithAPen

Reaction score
Absolutely. :) Sportzin's render gallery is pretty much the only one I use. Simple and to the point, can't complain. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have nearly 3 GBs of cuts, but almost all of them are a .psd file, so there's not much I can do with them here unless I save every single one of them as .png.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
people should just learn how to cut

Personally I won't use an image if I've seen it used before, unless it's extremely altered

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Tropical Depression said:
I have nearly 3 GBs of cuts, but almost all of them are a .psd file, so there's not much I can do with them here unless I save every single one of them as .png.

do 2 a day. you'll have 'em done in no time, lol. 

RawrWithAPen

Reaction score
My hand's a bit better now, at least to where I can halfway use my mouse. I'll see if I can get some cuts up tomorrow. Will it be open for submission or should I wait?

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think the cuts we have need to be reorganised. Just go by what's on the jersey. A Melo-Nuggets cut makes more sense in the Denver than it does in the New York section in my opinion.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well. here's an example: 

http://www.sportzin.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17060

What I mean by "re-organizing" is taking players no longer on teams and transfering them to the Alumni section. Now in the actual cut gallery: http://www.sportzin.com/cutgallery/cutgallery.php?cat=93 -- they've been moved already. But I want to make sure that it's been done for all teams, then we start filling the teams up with new cuts. 

Idk, maybe you guys know, but I have no idea who was updating the cut gallery last because most of the NBA is organised in to alumni, but in NFL and MLB it's not. 

RawrWithAPen

Reaction score
buzzy said:
I don't think the cuts we have need to be reorganised. Just go by what's on the jersey. A Melo-Nuggets cut makes more sense in the Denver than it does in the New York section in my opinion.
I make graphics for teams NOW so a melo-denver render wouldn't make that much sense seeing as he's been in New York for like 3 years. I'll see what I can do Monday. Football on all day today so I'll be watching that and won't have much time to cut today. Tomorrow should be wide open, though. :) And I'll get up some updated player-team cuts for the gallery. 

RawrWithAPen

Reaction score
Alright. Uploaded one to that link you posted, GMF. Will be uploading more tomorrow some time. 

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
I may be able to cut some if people give me pictures to cut.. No guarantees with school and work though. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%