Yao To Have Surgery, Likely Out All Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yao Ming has chosen to have extensive surgery that will almost certainly force him to miss all of the 2009-2010 season. But there is hope that the procedure will allow him to resume his career in the 2010-2011 season.

The surgery will lower the arch on the foot in order to relieve stress and prevent a recurrence of the injury. Zydrunas Ilgauskas had similar treatment and has been able to play eight straight seasons without re-injury.

Via ESPN
Rockets center Yao Ming has purchased the Shanghai Sharks, his former Chinese club.

The Sharks are struggling financially, and the purchase was reported on Thursday by the Chinese media.

"I grew up in the city and became a professional player in this team, so I hope I can do something to help," Yao told Shanghai TV.

Yao's investment company signed a framework agreement with the team's co-owners, who agreed to sell the center all their shares in the club.

The Sharks were in danger of failing to start the new season in November because of their dire finances.

Via ESPN

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Well hopefully he will come back next season then, that would suck if his career had to be stopped.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Added another Yao article

Donkey

Members
Reaction score
that'll take Houston off the possible contenders list

kobenba888

Reaction score
all the best to him, hope he can come back strong (unlikely though)

chinawigga

Reaction score
that would suck for the rockets, and ron artest leaving

i still have a feeling that they will make the playoffs though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%