Would You Change Your Starter?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
QB hotseat Thread

Note: Kirk Cousins would be part of this if Minnesota had a viable starter as backup. But Sean Mannion.

Marcus Mariota benched for Tannehil
My answer: yes. Marcus Mariota sucks and the Titans need to accept that and move on.

Joe Flacco benched for Drew Lock
My answer: no unless they lose this weekend.

Dark Horse Option: Mitch Trubisky benched for Chase Daniel
My answer: yes if Daniel starts winning games. This is NEVER going to happen, but Mitch Trubisky will not be an NFL starter in 5 years.

Just trying to start a thread. What do the rest of you say?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Colt McCoy benched for Dwayne Haskins
My answer: What difference does it make? This franchise is a colossal steaming pile of shit.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Cam Newton benched for Kyle Allen
Question: How many games does Allen have to win before he's viewed as the QB1? Rivera still is sticking to it being Cam's spot whenever he comes back.
My answer: Personally, I think Cam is finished. I'd make the move.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I think Cam deserves the benefit of the doubt one more time, but I too lean toward the idea that he's finished. He deserves another shot--somewhere else.

If Kyle Allen keeps playing well, you can't take him off the field. It's no different than the Minshew situation. Why on earth would either team replace a young QB that's playing well?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think Cam deserves the benefit of the doubt one more time, but I too lean toward the idea that he's finished. He deserves another shot--somewhere else.

If Kyle Allen keeps playing well, you can't take him off the field. It's no different than the Minshew situation. Why on earth would either team replace a young QB that's playing well?
It's a lot different than the Minshew situation. Newton is the face of that franchise, even through his struggles. He's been MVP, he's led them to the Super Bowl, etc. I'd liken it more to the Flacco/Jackson situation from last year, where the Ravens were essentially given no choice but to keep Lamar as the starter after they won his first X amount of starts (forget when Flacco was healthy again). But the big difference is Allen was undrafted while Lamar Jackson went in the first round, so there was no inevitably of Allen becoming the starter eventually.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I meant no different only in the sense that the kid is playing too well to take him off the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%