Wolves new logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Look a lot like the Mavs, but that is NICE.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also reminds me of Bobcats alts.

Stryker

Reaction score
heres some more info...

In anticipation of the 20th season of Minnesota Timberwolves basketball, the Timberwolves primary logo, featuring the wolf's head amidst the tree line, has undergone a facelift. Additionally, the Timberwolves have unveiled a new, re-designed secondary logo. The new-look logos, designed by adidas, usher in a new era of Timberwolves basketball as the franchise celebrates its 20th season in the Twin Cities with the upcoming 2008-09 NBA campaign.

The modification to the Timberwolves primary logo includes the incorporation of white on the wolf's head as well as a cleaner and sleeker design of the tree line and the script "Minnesota Timberwolves." The intent of the adidas design group was not to replace the well-known logo, but rather let it "evolve" into something that would mark the next era of Timberwolves basketball. The wolf's head and tree line were introduced as the team's primary logo prior to the 1996-97 season, and had remained unchanged for the past 12 seasons.

The Timberwolves' secondary logo has been completely re-designed. The new logo features a Timberwolf in front of a treeline howling at the moon, which is depicted as a basketball. The new secondary logo pays homage to the Timberwolves' original logo with the return of a basketball in the logo's background. Prior to a basketball being incorporated in the new secondary logo, the Wolves were one of only five teams in the NBA which did not have a basketball depicted in either their primary or secondary logo. The newly designed secondary logo will make its public debut tonight at the 2008 NBA Draft as it will adorn the hat of the Timberwolves' first-round draft pick.

"With our 20th season upcoming, we believe it is the perfect time to re-brand the look of Timberwolves basketball," said Timberwolves President Chris Wright. "The new-look logos and soon-to-be-introduced uniforms are part of a year-long re-branding process around our franchise. In the last year, our on-court product has changed as we have re-built the team, and these off-court changes sync up with this new era of Wolves basketball."

Today's introduction of the new logos is the latest step in the re-branding campaign of the Timberwolves as the team approaches its 20th season. The Wolves will also introduce newly designed uniforms in August. Attached below are copies of the Timberwolves new-look primary logos and secondary logos as well as the team's new word scripts.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmmm nice stuff. Keeping the green I see, I like that. I kinda don't like when they say "new logo" and just change like 2-3 things. Like the Jazz when they went to this blue look. They said they were getting a new logo and they just changed their old logos colors.

The alternate one looks real nice though.

It also says new uniforms will be unveiled in August!?!?!?!? I thought it said today. Lame!

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
put some green in that 2nd logo and in the caps. Don't be copycats

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only thing I see them copying is the wolf emblem from Halo 3.....I don't see any other NBA team with a wolf in a basketball...

Stryker

Reaction score
lol

ya, i hate the fact that the jerseys are gonna be unveiled in august, thats gay, why not tonight?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the new one looks a lot sleaker. i like both

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
These are pretty hot.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

for a comparison

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually liked the old text better. Now its just to....plain.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
White one's garbage... Blue one is okay... I wonder if they'll have black alternates still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%