Wild Card Races are Tight

catman

Reaction score
Several teams will have a tough time making it to the post season. The Rays and Indians seem to have the tougher schedules in the AL and none of the teams in the NL have easy schedules. Only 2 teams per league can get in. Who misses out?

catman

Reaction score
Could be an interesting weekend in those 3 cities.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dbacks are out. Stinks(and fun) they made a major run then tanked it at the end.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I have no idea what to expect from the Mets next season. They really need to overhaul their bullpen because they blew something like 30 games - win even just 10 of those and theyre in by a long shot.

But 3 things - how much are the wilpons going to spend?

What are the futures of Syndergaard and Wheeler?

And aside from Cano, Nimmo and Smith, the Mets really didn't deal with many injuries and got good 2nd half performances from many guys - so even though the Mets are on a good course, what happens when Alonso has a down year, or guys like Conforto and Ramos struggle, etc? I'm real curious. Dom Smith looked real good but where does he fit with Cano at 2nd, McNeil, a healthy Nimmo, a returning a cespedes, and JD Davis? Does Cespedes even produce much?

The Mets have a lot to figure out and that Cano/Diaz trade is really screwing stuff up. I hope they wise up and put McNeil at 2nd and let Cano be a utility infielder going forward.

Ugh.

catman

Reaction score
The Indians may not make the playoffs at all. Their elimination number is 2 -- Cleveland needs to win all 3 this weekend, in Washington, without their DH. Its an uphill climb for them.
Next season, they should be fine, as their pitching is going to be back to elite and their offense will be better than it was this year. I would look for them to win 95+ and possibly more than 105.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%