Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Buffalo, Miami, New England, or New York?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Still the best team in this division, without a doubt

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NE
MIA
BUF
NYJ

I could see Miami and Buffalo competing for playoff spots but neither are touching the Pats. 

RunRickyRun

Reaction score
Pats 9-7
Fins 9-7
Bills 7-9
Jets 6-10

To clarify, I think this is a very, very narrow margin as well.  The Pats have always relied on their passing game, of which they are now down Welker, Gronk, and that Hernandez guy.  Miami is closes the gap with all our offseason additions and a young QB who's another year wiser.  

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
9-7 lol

We were a Top 12 offense in 06 with Gabriel/Caldwell/Brown as our receivers, and won 12 games. Why in the world, when we have a better running attack, a better receiving core, and a better QB (2013 Brady>2006 Brady), would we win only 9 games? We've won 10+ every year except 2002, Brady's sophomore season.

10-6 at the bare minimum, 12-4 or 13-3 as the realistic option.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even with the loss of Welker, Hernandez, and the injury to Gronk it's still impossible to vote against Brady and Belichick.

RunRickyRun

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
9-7 lol

We were a Top 12 offense in 06 with Gabriel/Caldwell/Brown as our receivers, and won 12 games. Why in the world, when we have a better running attack, a better receiving core, and a better QB (2013 Brady>2006 Brady), would we win only 9 games? We've won 10+ every year except 2002, Brady's sophomore season.

10-6 at the bare minimum, 12-4 or 13-3 as the realistic option.
This isn't 2006 anymore dude and you're clearly a homer.

And how on earth is your receiving "better" w/o Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez?  You really overrating Amendola that much, this early??  Your window closing....and fast.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Better than 06

We still have Gronk for our important games, sans the Falcons game. Amendola will produce the same as Welker has.

Everyone who has ever doubted the Patriots wrong have all bitten their tounges for it, except for the Giants. Dolphins do not scare me in the slightest

RunRickyRun

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Better than 06

We still have Gronk for our important games, sans the Falcons game. Amendola will produce the same as Welker has.

Everyone who has ever doubted the Patriots wrong have all bitten their tounges for it, except for the Giants. Dolphins do not scare me in the slightest
You're on crack if you think Amendola is going to step in and do what Welker did.  Please give Welker some credit and stop thinking this is still an era where Belichick and Brady can turn average players into pro bowlers.  

You won't get far in the playoffs, again, this season.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
RunRickyRun said:
You won't get far in the playoffs, again, this season.
Please remind me how reaching the AFC Championship game two years in a row, going 1-1, is "not going far"

People want to say New England hasn't done anything since we last won the Super Bowl. You know how many different Super Bowl winners there have been since then? Six- Steelers in XL & XLIII, Colts in XLI, Giants in XLII and XLVI, Saints in XLIV, Packers in XLV, and Ravens in XLVII. Thats 18.7% of the league that has won a Super Bowl, or better, 81.3% of the league that has not won a Super Bowl. So yeah, we haven't won a Super Bowl since 2005. But neither has 81.3% of the league, either. And out of those 81.3%, how many have made it to the playoffs 7 times, advancing to the divisional round 6 times, the conference championship 4 times, and the Super Bowl twice, in an 8 year span? I'm going to say NONE.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The Pats still win this division, but I'm going to offer a surprising twist.

1. Pats
2. Jets 
3. Bills
4. Dolphins

I have actually loved the Jets offseason, up until yesterday when a "Jet" proclaimed that Smith "Can do more" than Sanchez. While that's no news to anybody who knows how much Mark Sanchez sucks, it's the same kind of behavior that has doomed their last two seasons. However, I like their defense. A lot. I think that Smith can step in and be good enough to hold the reigns while their defense wins some games for them. Their rushing attack will be improved, especially if Ivory can stay healthy. I think Marty M will finally figure out how to use Joe McKnight's versatility. There will be some much needed creativity in the Jets' attack.

The Bills will turn the corner under Marrone, but not enough in year 1.

The Dolphins lost one of the best tackles in the league, and that is going to show, bigtime. Also, Mike Wallace is the very definition of overrated when it comes to WRs. 

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
1. Pats
2. Dolphins 

Steez

Reaction score
Pats should take the East without question, but I'm gonna stick out hope that Buffalo is the team that goes from the basement to the top this year.

But nah, I'm excited for the Bills this year under Marrone. He's got a no bullshit approach, which is something we've been missing for over a decade in Buffalo. I'm telling you, Spiller is going to dominate the league this year.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Pats. Not even a doubt in my mind, although I could see Buffalo surprising the shit out of people. 

SportsLady

Reaction score
Pats are SO overrated... I am going with my PHINS this time around, for sure...

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
SportsLady said:
Pats are SO overrated... I am going with my PHINS this time around, for sure...

While the Phins are good, it's the Patriot's to lose. They are always hot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%