Which do you prefer? Slugfest or pitchers duel

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
What type of game do you like watching better? HR derby type of game with the final score something like 11-10 or a good pitchers duel?

FearLessBeast

Reaction score
Well I would like it to be a slugfest for my own team. I mean I don't wanna worry all game that it's gonna come down to the last score wins. And I don't wanna ruin players stats by that I mean defensive and pitching stats. But a pitching duel would be boring right off the bat.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pitcher's duels are faster games but there's nothing like watching player's mash.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Oh pitchers duels all the way. I would much rather watch a 3-2 game then a bullpen showdown 13-9

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

RickD

Reaction score
Pitchers Duel. The tension would be higher and the game would seem more on the line.

Hopesfail

Reaction score
A true pitchers duel where both guys are dealing, not a pitchers duel where it's 2 mediocre pitchers pitching OK, and the hitters are just off. There is just something about guys who are locating their pitches and getting good movement.

semperty

Reaction score
I went pitchers' duel, but I don't really like those, either. The game has gotten to the point that a "pitchers' duel" really just consists of a bunch of guys striking out - which isn't fun to watch most of the time (there are exceptions, but the norm is that it's not that fun). I love low scoring environments, but only if it's because the pitchers are actually throwing well and the defense is playing well - not because we've reached a point in baseball where everyone hits it out or whiffs.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on the given day, mood, but overall I'd say pitching duel.

brett05

Reaction score
semperty said:
I went pitchers' duel, but I don't really like those, either. The game has gotten to the point that a "pitchers' duel" really just consists of a bunch of guys striking out - which isn't fun to watch most of the time (there are exceptions, but the norm is that it's not that fun). I love low scoring environments, but only if it's because the pitchers are actually throwing well and the defense is playing well - not because we've reached a point in baseball where everyone hits it out or whiffs.
Most baseball fans would say tons of k's is very, very exciting.

catman

Reaction score
Pitchers duels can be boring games to watch. I prefer action on the basepaths. Pitchers duels also tend to be quick games. I want more for my money than that.

semperty

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Most baseball fans would say tons of k's is very, very exciting.
Most baseball fans also think hitting a home run is more exciting than watching someone race around the bases, I disagree.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Pitchers duel of course. I've been at games like that where it's a 1-1 game entering the 6th and you wonder which pitcher will blink first

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Slugfest all the way. There is nothing better than watching players hit home runs and hearing the sound of the bat when it comes in contact with the ball.

Stray32

Reaction score
Hopesfail said:
A true pitchers duel where both guys are dealing, not a pitchers duel where it's 2 mediocre pitchers pitching OK, and the hitters are just off. There is just something about guys who are locating their pitches and getting good movement.
yeah this, if its a true pitchers duel with two guys at the top of their games not just a "lack of offense duel" then thats much better imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%