Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wont get his number retired

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Garnett, a Top 3 PF in history, is nearing the end of his career. I assume MIN will retire his number (I guess there is the chance they dont), but what about Boston?

Assuming Garnett doesnt play for a team not named Boston or Minnesota, where do you think his number gets retired?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
More than likely both

I could see Boston not retiring it though, no way in helly Minny doesn't

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
KG a top 3 PF in NBA history? I'm not so sure.

But I said both.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
KG a top 3 PF in NBA history? I'm not so sure.

But I said both.
I think he's better than Chuck and right in the convo with Malone and Timmy

Don't think it's out of the question that he's top 3

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think he's better than Chuck and right in the convo with Malone and Timmy

Don't think it's out of the question that he's top 3
You're also forgetting Dirk. I don't think it's out of the question, but bosox said it like it was a fact. He's somewhere between 3-5.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Dirk isn't even close to being as good as KG

Dirk was a slightly better scorer and then significantly worse at everything else

KG, Malone, Timmy, and Chuck are the top tier, then it's everyone else. I don't even know if I have Dirk over McHale

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Dirk isn't even close to being as good as KG

Dirk was a slightly better scorer and then significantly worse at everything else

KG, Malone, Timmy, and Chuck are the top tier, then it's everyone else. I don't even know if I have Dirk over McHale
You're just bitter as fuck still.

:kobe:

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
That was my opinion before the Finals last year :kobe:

What is Dirk actually good at outside of scoring?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
That was my opinion before the Finals last year :kobe:

What is Dirk actually good at outside of scoring?
Dirk will go down as one of the most efficient scorers in NBA history, and probably the best shooting big man as well. He was a good rebounder, and an average defender (obviously KG has the edge on him in these areas), but Dirk offensively is/was much better than KG. They have the same amount of MVPs, same amount of championships, Dirk won Finals MVP when KG didn't, Dirk actually LED a team to a championship while KG teamed up with two other stars to do it.

Last year sometime, Rick Carlisle said Dirk was a top 10 player of all time. While he over-exaggerated some, it's not a stretch to say top 25.

And if you value things like PER and Win Shares/48, Dirk has the edge. Not saying I do, just throwing it out there.

I'm not saying I think Dirk > KG career wise, I'm not saying I don't. But the argument is definitely there.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
MUCH better offensively than KG? I don't think so.

He was better, yes, but definitely not a significant difference. KG was still getting 20+ a night for the majority of his career and finished in the top 15 in scoring for the majority of his career as well. Dirk's more versatile scorer, not much better.

Not to mention that KG had a dimension to his game that Dirk never had, his ability to pass. Averaged 4 or 5 APG a long time.

A significant difference would be how much better of a defender and rebounder KG is than Dirk.

KG was still the best player on that team, who won the Finals MVP doesn't really matter, neither team wins the ring without them.

His head coach has an obvious bias towards him and even if he didn't believe that would have said it anyway. His comments don't really mean much, he's not even close to being top 10 and I haven't actually gone through and made a top 25 list but just from throwing names around in my head I don't think I'd have him in the top 25 either.

Not really

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
I could see both teams retiring his number ...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im leaning towards minny retiring his number and not boston.

im with BC on this too. top tier is timmy/malone/chuck/kg. right below is mchale and dirk. i really like dirk and he changed the game for euros but i wouldnt say hes better than KG and his scoring isnt even too far ahead of KG's. kg was the better offensive player of the two anyways.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Minny will not be retiring his jersey. They had a falling out when he left.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Lots of teams have falling outs with star players when they leave, doesn't mean that they won't still respect all the years that he put in for that franchise, he is their greatest player in their history

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
Minnesota didnt deserve KG. never gave him anyone decent to play with. they should retire his number for keeping them relevant while he was there.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Minnesota didnt deserve KG. never gave him anyone decent to play with. they should retire his number for keeping them relevant while he was there.
they had good teams for a few years, the lakers/kings/spurs were just better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%