Week 4

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The Eagles are absolute fools if they don't keep feeding Jordan Howard and sprinkling in Miles Sanders. It doesn't matter how high Carson Wentz's ceiling is--every quarterback that's ever existed needs a running game.

Green Bay needs to get their running game going. Three straight weeks of Jones being neutralized is eventually going to catch up to the offense.

The Eagles pretty much need to either trade for another corner, or hope they can get healthy in the secondary, stay healthy, and improve as the season goes along.

Green Bay's secondary is fucking awesome and underrated, but if they can't stop the run, it won't matter.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Does it matter how high Josh Allen's peaks are when his valleys are this low? Good lord.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I mean, come on. He's going full Nathan Peterman right now.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Patriots havent allowed a first half touchdown since the Divisional Round

• KC
• LAR
• PIT
• MIA
• NYJ

It's not crazy to think Allen would struggle against us too, especially since Bills' OC Brian Daboll was our OC for a hot sec

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Daniel Jones looked meh. Brady and Mahomes looked human. Wild first set of games.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Vikings defense making Chase Daniel look like a pro bowler

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Cousins hasn't done a thing wrong, either. The offensive line got blown up 4-5 times and that'll do it.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
And just how high do you think this is? He's average
We're all entitled to our opinions but you're trolling, here. No objective viewer would call Carson Wentz an average QB

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
We're all entitled to our opinions but you're trolling, here. No objective viewer would call Carson Wentz an average QB
He simply hasn’t been very good since 2017. Should I judge him based on one amazing season he had, or three seasons where he’s been a middle of the pack QB? All you do is make excuses for him.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
He simply hasn’t been very good since 2017. Should I judge him based on one amazing season he had, or three seasons where he’s been a middle of the pack QB? All you do is make excuses for him.
That's just not true, dude. Not even close to reality. Has he been the same wince 2017? This year...yeah he's pretty close, but he was so goos in 2017 that you're suggesting anything less than that "isn't very good."

Let's see if anybody else agrees with you on the idea that Carson Wentz is average. Everybody else, chime in. Don't be surprised when you're alone.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
That's just not true, dude. Not even close to reality. Has he been the same wince 2017? This year...yeah he's pretty close, but he was so goos in 2017 that you're suggesting anything less than that "isn't very good."

Let's see if anybody else agrees with you on the idea that Carson Wentz is average. Everybody else, chime in. Don't be surprised when you're alone.
How has he been pretty close? He's been mediocre in three of their four games this year.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
He has been much more than mediocre in weeks 1, 3, and 4. If he's been mediocre, then only Brady and Mahomes aren't mediocre.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd say Wentz is a fringe top 10 QB in the league. So I'd say slightly above average.

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
This. Derek Carr had one fantastic season, and has looked meh in every other year. He's a solid starter, but not a franchise one IMO. He'll have excellent games here and there, but doesn't do it on a consistent basis. Wentz is better, no doubt, but not by a large enough margin to call him anything more than solid.

Could they both still develop more? Sure. I think Wentz definitely still has a ceiling he could reach that would put him in a franchise QB type class. Carr, otoh, is too reluctant to take deep shots, constantly misses better opportunities by dumping it off or throwing to the wrong receiver, and doesn't have the nuts to hold onto the ball long enough to let a play develop.

TL;DR Wentz>Carr, but not by a lot.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He has been much more than mediocre in weeks 1, 3, and 4. If he's been mediocre, then only Brady and Mahomes aren't mediocre.
So let me get this straight: in your warped mind, only Brady and Mahomes are better than Wentz? Dear god....

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Even as a Giants fan I don't understand all the Wentz hate...

His career hasn't gone the way we expected after year 2, with the injuries and the legend of Nick Foles, but he's a super talented dude. I think if he can stay healthy and find some consistency with going out there every Sunday he will be just fine and be well deserving of being considered a well above average QB. He's always seemingly taking unnecessary hits outside the pocket though so that will be easier said than done.

Until he gets there though, his around .500 record since the MVP year isn't pretty...but this team has struggled with injuries on both sides of the ball and hasn't looked the same since the SB outside of the little run they had after Foles took over last year..which doesn't play in Wentz's favor but as an outsider that looked more like a team rallying around their franchise legend and continuing to show up big time when they're given no chance as a team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'd say Wentz is a fringe top 10 QB in the league. So I'd say slightly above average.
I put Wentz in the tier with guys like Dak, Goff, etc. How you want to arrange that tier is up to you, but I definitely don't think he's in the top 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%