Week 10 Reaction

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Messages
8,947
Reaction score
138
The Vikings defense clearly missed Griffin yesterday. It didn't matter because Josh Norman had nothing against either Diggs or Thielen. Lost in all the talk of elite defense are the strengths of this offense. The OL is playing incredibly just a year after urine ran perpetually down TJ Clemmings' leg. The running game? Efficient and deadly. Gone are the negative plays of years past. Many Vikings drives are successful because of the second down plays, usually with 7 or less yards to go. Make hay on first down, have flexibility on second and third down.

People can say what they want about Dallas not having Zeke yesterday. The real absence was Tyron Smith. Ain't no questioning that man's worth.

Dak Prescott is overrated. He's not bad by any means, but you take away too much of the luxury car he drives as an offense and you get...yesterday. Yes, he was highly pressured and sacked 6 times by one guy. That doesn't account for the fact that he threw more interceptible passes yesterday than I've ever seen.

The Rams are the Sunday Ticket watch of this season. So electric. They'll have a hard time hitting 25 next week in Minnesota, but if any team is going to light up the Vikings in Minneapolis, it'd be the Rams or Eagles.
 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
18,760
Reaction score
444
The Saints are terrifyingly good. I absolutely do not want to see them in the playoffs.
 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
31,527
Reaction score
876
I would like to see the Saints play the Vikes again, completely different team.
 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Messages
8,947
Reaction score
138
nolafan33 said:
I would like to see the Saints play the Vikes again, completely different team.
Me too. Would be a barn burner. Thielen would still thrash you but he thrashes everyone.
 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
36,563
Reaction score
1,131
idk Lattimore is a beast

id take the saints in that matchup without much hesitation
 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Messages
8,947
Reaction score
138
Diggs and Thielen match up with the best CB in the league every day in practice. Lattimore is playing great since week 1, though.
 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
31,527
Reaction score
876
BwareDWare94 said:
Diggs and Thielen match up with the best CB in the league every day in practice. Lattimore is playing great since week 1, though.
Best CB in the league? The Vikings may have the best safety in the league, but in no world do they have the best CB.
 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
36,563
Reaction score
1,131
Rhodes is a whole lot closer to the top corner than Thielen is a top 10 wideout
 

Hurricane Season

Well-Known Member
Hall of Fame
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
27,070
Reaction score
1,220
Is it too soon to call Ramsey the best corner in the league?
 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Messages
8,947
Reaction score
138
nolafan33 said:
Best CB in the league? The Vikings may have the best safety in the league, but in no world do they have the best CB.
So either you don't know that Xavier Rhodes exists or haven't been paying attention. Dude is dominating EVERYBODY. He was graded out as the best CB last season and he's been even better this season.
 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Messages
8,947
Reaction score
138
bosoxlover12 said:
Rhodes is a whole lot closer to the top corner than Thielen is a top 10 wideout
 
I suggest looking at Thielen's stats and seeing the names he sits among right now. If he doesn't fall off this pace, at some point we'll have to call him a top 10 WR.
 

Hurricane Season

Well-Known Member
Hall of Fame
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
27,070
Reaction score
1,220
BwareDWare94 said:
So either you don't know that Xavier Rhodes exists or haven't been paying attention. Dude is dominating EVERYBODY. He was graded out as the best CB last season and he's been even better this season.
According to what? PFF? I think Lattimore is currently their #1 corner so far this season.
 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
31,527
Reaction score
876
BwareDWare94 said:
So either you don't know that Xavier Rhodes exists or haven't been paying attention. Dude is dominating EVERYBODY. He was graded out as the best CB last season and he's been even better this season.
I know exactly who Xavier Rhodes is. He's a very solid CB who does some very good things and some very bad things. He didn't grade out as the best CB last season, I don't recall the order but I believe that went to Talib, Harris, or Butler. Yes, Rhodes did grade out very well in coverage, but his downfall was drawing the third most flags of any corner in the league. You can't be the best if you're making the officials throw their flags that much.

So far this season he's been good, I'd say above average but not great or elite. Marathon Lattimore has been better, Jalen Ramsey has been better, Jimmy Smith, Jason McCourty, Casey Hayward, Patrick Robinson, Josh Norman, Patrick Peterson, have all been better.
 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
36,563
Reaction score
1,131
BwareDWare94 said:
 
I suggest looking at Thielen's stats and seeing the names he sits among right now. If he doesn't fall off this pace, at some point we'll have to call him a top 10 WR.
we literally went over this yesterday smh

ive watched Thielen, i dont need to look at stats to see that hes good. I really like the guy, but youre going WAY overboard here. Hes not a Top 10 wideout and thats a fact. We went over the three tiers yesterday and there were 12 guys that are imo clearly above Thielen... and even if you want to discredit Jules or Fitzgerald for some dumb reason, theres still 10 guys on that list. Who do you want to discredit now, Jordy Nelson? Michael Thomas? smh
 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Messages
8,947
Reaction score
138
nolafan33 said:
I know exactly who Xavier Rhodes is. He's a very solid CB who does some very good things and some very bad things. He didn't grade out as the best CB last season, I don't recall the order but I believe that went to Talib, Harris, or Butler. Yes, Rhodes did grade out very well in coverage, but his downfall was drawing the third most flags of any corner in the league. You can't be the best if you're making the officials throw their flags that much.

So far this season he's been good, I'd say above average but not great or elite. Marathon Lattimore has been better, Jalen Ramsey has been better, Jimmy Smith, Jason McCourty, Casey Hayward, Patrick Robinson, Josh Norman, Patrick Peterson, have all been better.
You are clearly nuts lol. Rhodes makes people disappear. You see him before the play and you might as well not even target the guy he's covering. I haven't seen anything like it since Prime Revis.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Who Wins Game 5?

  • Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

    Votes: 7 100.0%
Top