Webber may consider Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Florida Today -
The Orlando Magic could be strong contenders for the services of free agent forward Chris Webber if they can satisfy his need for playing major minutes. This is according to a source close to the talks.

"The source said interest from other teams in Webber has been strong. He added that, contrary to published reports, Webber would consider playing for teams other than the Detroit Pistons . The Magic are high on that list, the source said."

"He's turned down offers from five teams already," said the source, who asked to remain anonymous. "He's just waiting for the right opportunity to come along, but he would definitely consider playing for the Magic."

Orlando has a $2.6 million Disabled Player Exception that they got for Tony Battie, who is out for the reason with a torn rotator cuff. The exception has to be used by December 10.

While there is interest from both sides, a question of whether he would fit in with Orlando's uptempo style would be a big question.
Wouldn't that be nice.
If he went there then I would be a little pissed.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
C-Webb better not go there, what happened to the "If I come back it will only be to Detroit." Come on Webber.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't care if WE get him back, but he can't just say one thing and do another, I still respect him.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't care if WE get him back, but he can't just say one thing and do another, I still respect him.
Joe D is not gonna sign C-Webb, he feels that they have enough veterans already.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know lol, that's why I said I don't care. He said either Pistons or no one, then he is going to sign with another team, that's not cool.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Webber is an AZZHOLE!!!

The Magic are doing great right now. He may just make them even more better.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i thought he wanted a title...
talk about lowering your standards

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its not like he would hurt their team. He would actually be good for them, cause it gives them a low-post presence other than Howard and he is also one of the best passing big men in the league, so that would help the Magic out alot.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be nice.
If he went there then I would be a little pissed.
And wasn't it just a little bit ago that you said "The Magic is one team that I don't care if they get better." So why would you be pissed???

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And wasn't it just a little bit ago that you said "The Magic is one team that I don't care if they get better." So why would you be pissed???
I wasn't expecting them to be like 7-1.
Webber may help them out a little too much.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Take him Pistons, please. I DO NOT want this guy. He's old and slow, he'd do nothing but contradict our young players. Plus, Hedo Turkoglu has done very well as a starter, we're not gonna bench him for Chris Webber...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Take him Pistons, please. I DO NOT want this guy. He's old and slow, he'd do nothing but contradict our young players. Plus, Hedo Turkoglu has done very well as a starter, we're not gonna bench him for Chris Webber...
I don't want him either.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Bring him to the Warriors. He would be perfect. Playing for Don Nelson in a Warriors uni again...

Plus Warriors suck. We could use anyone lol.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Magic Have No Interest In Chris Webber

Orlando Sentinel - Otis Smith said he has not offered the Magic's $2.6 million injury exception -- relief for the season-ending injury to Tony Battie -- to any free-agent big man. He said there have been no serious trade discussions, although he conceded that dealing for a big is the more likely route. He said the Magic have no interest in signing PF Chris Webber, for instance.

"If they don't fit in with what we're doing, why go get them?" Smith said.

Smith said he talked to P.J. Brown's camp before the season started. "I already explored that option," he said. "And P.J. is retired."
Well now you know he is not going to Orlando.

gocelts34

Reaction score
Its not like he would hurt their team. He would actually be good for them, cause it gives them a low-post presence other than Howard and he is also one of the best passing big men in the league, so that would help the Magic out alot.
I think he would be a nice piece off the bench, but throwing him into the starting lineup could throw things off a bit. This team is hot right now, rolling on all cylenders.

Plus I like Raw Lew starting at the 4. It makes opposing teams play smaller, leading to less effective double teams on Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%