Warriors Re-sign Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score

The Golden State Warriors have re-signed guard Monta Ellis to a multi-year contract, it was announced today by Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not announced.

“We are absolutely thrilled to have Monta under contract for the next several years,” said Mullin. “He has been one of the top young players in the NBA for the last two years and enjoyed a tremendous season last year. The growth that he has demonstrated at such a young age is incredible and we look forward to him playing a big part in our future success.”

Ellis, 22, averaged a career-high 20.2 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.53 steals in 37.9 minutes in 81 games last season. He ranked 14th in the NBA in field goal percentage (.531, 3rd among all guards), 15th in steals and 25th in scoring. He became only the ninth guard in NBA history to shoot 60% from the floor for an entire month in February (.602). The 6’3” Ellis scored a career-high 39 points on January 24 vs. New Jersey and scored 30-plus points on 12 occasions overall.

LINK

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He;s worth it. But will they sign Andris?

bosox1918

Reaction score
Monta will definitely have to step up this coming years with Baron gone to LA. Hopefully we'll see him and Biedrins clicking together and running this offense well.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they would have lost Monta too. WOW. Lol

.loggie

Reaction score
i still dont understand why they decided to match the offer on azubuike if their resigning him and they already have evans and jackson. i mean i know monta will play point guard, but hes gotta log some SG minutes, right?

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
He;s worth it. But will they sign Andris?
yes, working on it.

i still dont understand why they decided to match the offer on azubuike if their resigning him and they already have evans and jackson. i mean i know monta will play point guard, but hes gotta log some SG minutes, right?
Evans never signed with us FYI. Thats why we are got Buike back.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the way things are going, he'll be underpaid soon
good thing they locked him up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%