Warriors Likely To Sign Anderson Varejao

47th oG

Reaction score
[TWEET]701439522303705088[/TWEET]

A backup big is a need, with Ezeli out for around 6 weeks. Varejao is experienced, and should fit in very well. Time to sign our 2nd Brazilian!

Stray32

Reaction score
Imo they just want him to tell them everything he knows about Cavs strategy

Stray32

Reaction score
47th oG said:
Why not? Patriots pursued Reggie Wayne for that reason, wasn't because Wayne was worthless in terms of talent but just because what he could provide intelligence-wise beat what he could provide playing-wise. Warriors don't need Varejao's skills as much as they could use his intelligence

BNC

Reaction score
What exactly is Varejao gonna give them? The last time they played the Warriors David Blatt was coaching, I doubt they've talked about the Warriors much since Ty Lue took over

tyfreak

Members
Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Imo they just want him to tell them everything he knows about Cavs strategy
Varejao Is pretty solid still, not like he's worthless. But yeah I'm sure he can help with strategy

47th oG

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
That's literally the only reason they want him though lol
Okay, because a knee injury to their backup center, a backup power forward that's on the decline, and Bogut who's not always healthy are not reasons enough to bring someone in? He's experienced.

Stray32

Reaction score
47th oG said:
Okay, because a knee injury to their backup center, a backup power forward that's on the decline, and Bogut who's not always healthy are not reasons enough to bring someone in? He's experienced.
Talent-wise Varejao is actually pretty close to worthless since his injury, he really can not be counted on for anything (even backup minutes) at this point. I'm not saying he'd be telling them what their gameplan against the Warriors would be I'm saying he'd help them in being able to figure out the Cavs strategy in general/help the Warriors gameplan for them.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
47th oG said:
He's experienced, but he's not coming in to play regular minutes haha. Like Stray said, he's been very bad since his achilles injury and it took away his explosiveness (the only thing that made him 'good' in the past). This was a power move because he has been with the Cavs.

47th oG

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
He's experienced, but he's not coming in to play regular minutes haha. Like Stray said, he's been very bad since his achilles injury and it took away his explosiveness (the only thing that made him 'good' in the past). This was a power move because he has been with the Cavs.
I get it, & I agree with both of y'all. I don't expect him to play regular minutes, but he is a better option than Jason Thompson, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%