Wade plans to stay with Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh will be part of a top-notch free agent class next summer. Wade, in New Jersey filming a movie, said he hopes to re-sign with the Miami Heat.
"I want to be in Miami, and I hope everything works out that way," Wade told The New York Times Thursday. "I want to be one of those players that stays with one franchise for his entire career. ... Next year will be a big year for myself and for the team, but the plan has always been to stay with the Heat, and that's still the plan," he said. "I think everything will work out."

After saying firmly "The Heat" as the frontrunner, he was asked point blank by the New York Post if the Nets or Knicks had a chance of signing him next summer.

"Not in my mind. I'm not thinking about the Knicks or the Nets. Only when we play them," Wade told the newspaper.

<Censored> Yeaaa

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/ru...features/rumors

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wish Bosh would be like this, and I wish more players were like him being the player to stay with one team for the rest of their career.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's because he already won a ring.
Anyways this is good for the Heat.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not going to be a <Censored> about this, he'll say this and he can all he wants. But until I see him sign an extension or opt out then resign with Miami I'm not believing this - but I'm not saying he won't and I'm not doubting that he'll stay, as I always though he'd stay in Miami.

uwp

Reaction score
He's not going to be a <Censored> about this, he'll say this and he can all he wants. But until I see him sign an extension or opt out then resign with Miami I'm not believing this - but I'm not saying he won't and I'm not doubting that he'll stay, as I always though he'd stay in Miami.
Yeah, I agree. He just recently bought a house in Chicago. Many players have said they would stay on the team but decided to move once free agency came (i.e. Elton Brand).

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
This title is totally misleading. He wants to stay with the Heat, but he's not going to if they don't do anything again this year...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like the other superstar members of the 2010 free agent class, Dwyane Wade is keeping his options open.

"If I was gung ho about money I would sign back (with the Heat) right now," Wade said. "It's not really necessarily about that for me, it's putting myself in a position where I'm successful and can win. I've tasted the top, I've tasted that feeling of winning a championship. I think when you've tasted it you're a little more hungry than you are even when you haven't won a championship. That's what I'm trying to get back to.

"Going into next summer, if I become a free agent, my first mind is to sign with Miami, but of course we all know there's steps to take to get to that point."

Via New York Daily News

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mario.

Ranga88

Reaction score
Well of course he has to keep his options open...if he doesn't then Miami know they own him...if he keeps a little intrigue going on, then he'll get that much more money when he eventually does re-sign

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
i hope he stays with miami but yea if we dont start going somewhere soon then he'll leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%