youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
i like this minus the splatter on the right

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
how doesnt this have a focal? lol. its the chicks face dead center...

this is real good man. i like it a lot.

Amare

#swaggeronahudredthousandtrillion
Reaction score
idk about this, it goes both ways..

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score
here we go again. I dont understand how my opinion is the only one that gets ridiculed or questioned? My focal has two places,the graphic behind the head and the face, where I KNOW that the intention was to have the face as the focal but my eyes are not focusing on that. My OPINION is clear that to me there is not a clear focal, while the artwork is good, my eyes are not drawn to the one thing that sticks out.

Is that hard to accept and just move on? If so, pm me about and we can discuss it then.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
lol i dont care if you have an opinion, feel free to let me know when mine is as retarded as yours

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the flag is right behind the face...now if it were in the corner then you could say it doesn't have a focal but as of now the focal is big enough to I guess have two for your eyes.

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score
the flag is right behind the face...now if it were in the corner then you could say it doesn't have a focal but as of now the focal is big enough to I guess have two for your eyes.
Thank you pugz for you intelligent response. I mean that seriously. ;)

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Thank you pugz for you intelligent response. I mean that seriously. ;)
lolwut he's disagreeing with you though..... and in this case you are completely wrong.
if i put a black circle in the middle of the plain white wall but YOUR eyes go to the left is there no focal?
The focal point of sig/wall is not opinion based

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score
lolwut he's disagreeing with you though..... and in this case you are completely wrong.
if i put a black circle in the middle of the plain white wall but YOUR eyes go to the left is there no focal?
The focal point of sig/wall is not opinion based
/sigh Using the analogy of a black circle on a white wall is clear as day, of course the dot is going to be the focal, but when talking about sigs and what not, when you have a type of art that is based on focal points, this is opinion based. I can place a render in the middle of a sig and blend it so well (hypothetically) that it is not the focal of the piece. Does that make sense to you, where I can say there is a focal but someone else disagrees?

And I dont care if Pugz was disagreeing with me. I dont have problems with people disagreeing with me. That is why we have a 1st amendment. Freedom of speech. And considering that art whether traditional canvas or graphic design is all opinionated and not factual. People look at art with different meanings all the time. The Mona Lisa has been at the basis of arguments for years about her smile, the most famous smile in the world, or lack there of. Its an opinion to think whether she is smiling or not, and considering that you dont have proof to say that she either is or is not, means that its not factual.

Art is about interpretation. I felt that in this particular piece, that the graphic behind the girls head had more attention than her face/head itself, therefore to me it is the focal. Whether you are in agreement or not, doesnt matter. Even if 1000 people disagreed with me, it is in my opinion that the focal of the piece is the graphic behind her head.

The point is that I like this piece, and what the artist did with it, but the focal is the graphic behind the head and not her face, which is my opinion, your right to disagree. And for that, saying that I am wrong is wrong in itself. ;)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
opinions can be wrong. if some people think slavery should be legal and thats their opinion, we(most of us nowadays) would argue that their opinion is wrong. this clearly has a focal and its not hard to find, its not over-blended and overall its really easy on the eyes.

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score
opinions can be wrong. if some people think slavery should be legal and thats their opinion, we(most of us nowadays) would argue that their opinion is wrong. this clearly has a focal and its not hard to find, its not over-blended and overall its really easy on the eyes.
Good post. In light of that, tho, while there are people out there that think that slavery should be legal, (I am NOT one of them) it is their right to have their opinion whether we think they are wrong for doing so or not.

When the KKK walks into D.C. and protests or holds a rally for white supremacy, or Louis Farrakhan is speaking on the mall in D.C. or Jeremiah Wright in his church, are those events not based on opinions, and are they wrong for having such opinions, even tho the other side disagrees with them?

In terms of this piece tho, why am I wrong for my interpretation of the focal being the graphic behind the head as opposed to the face itself?

I agree, that this piece is very well done, but imo, the graphic draws me in and not the face.

Agree to disagree and move on. Cause I feel this rhetoric could go on all day and I dont want to sidestep lolik's work at all.

Its a nice piece lolik. Really. I didn't want to bog down your work with all of this stuff, so I apologize in advance.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
/sigh Using the analogy of a black circle on a white wall is clear as day, of course the dot is going to be the focal, but when talking about sigs and what not, when you have a type of art that is based on focal points, this is opinion based. I can place a render in the middle of a sig and blend it so well (hypothetically) that it is not the focal of the piece. Does that make sense to you, where I can say there is a focal but someone else disagrees?

And I dont care if Pugz was disagreeing with me. I dont have problems with people disagreeing with me. That is why we have a 1st amendment. Freedom of speech. And considering that art whether traditional canvas or graphic design is all opinionated and not factual. People look at art with different meanings all the time. The Mona Lisa has been at the basis of arguments for years about her smile, the most famous smile in the world, or lack there of. Its an opinion to think whether she is smiling or not, and considering that you dont have proof to say that she either is or is not, means that its not factual.

Art is about interpretation. I felt that in this particular piece, that the graphic behind the girls head had more attention than her face/head itself, therefore to me it is the focal. Whether you are in agreement or not, doesnt matter. Even if 1000 people disagreed with me, it is in my opinion that the focal of the piece is the graphic behind her head.

The point is that I like this piece, and what the artist did with it, but the focal is the graphic behind the head and not her face, which is my opinion, your right to disagree. And for that, saying that I am wrong is wrong in itself. ;)
Lol. You just don't get it. The focal point is not up for interpretation, especially in this piece. The Mona Lisa example did make me laugh though, considering you are not talking about the focal point at all. Let me ask you this, is the Mono Lisa a painting of a girl? Yes, and that is not up for interpretation just like the focal point of this sig. Take a graphic design class and come back to talk to me.

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score
Lol. You just don't get it. The focal point is not up for interpretation, especially in this piece. The Mona Lisa example did make me laugh though, considering you are not talking about the focal point at all. Let me ask you this, is the Mono Lisa a painting of a girl? Yes, and that is not up for interpretation just like the focal point of this sig. Take a graphic design class and come back to talk to me.
From the Louvre itself on the focal of the Mona Lisa:

The Mona Lisa's famous smile represents the sitter in the same way that the juniper branches represent Ginevra Benci and the ermine represents Cecilia Gallerani in their portraits, in Washington and Krakow respectively. It is a visual representation of the idea of happiness suggested by the word "gioconda" in Italian. Leonardo made this notion of happiness the central motif of the portrait: it is this notion which makes the work such an ideal.
Definition for a focal point:

The point of design where the eye is drawn to. A focal point is the most important part of the page or the part of the page that is the most dominant.

Good design uses a focal point to create a piece that has a purpose. The focal point of the design should be the element that is most important on the piece. It gives the eye a place to rest and allows the viewer to determine the point of a design very quickly.
That is very interpretive. "Where the eye is drawn to", and my eyes are drawn to the graphic then the girl. I didnt need a graphic design class to learn something that basic. I am sorry that you wasted your money guru. Thanks for playing.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
That is very interpretive. "Where the eye is drawn to", and my eyes are drawn to the graphic then the girl. I didnt need a graphic design class to learn something that basic. I am sorry that you wasted your money guru. Thanks for playing.
Haha, I took 3 years in HS. Wasted my money? Fuck outta here
If your eyes are drawn to something completely different than everyone else in this fucking thread maybe you should get your eyes checked. Thanks for being a fucking faggot who has no idea what he's talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%