The Future Pele

Big Baller/Shot Caller
Reaction score
X-Factor said:
jarrod2323 said:
RipCity32 said:
X-Factor said:
RipCity32 said:
Not to be noisey or anything but when is Board Awards/Staff Update or something, like you said
Especially the BAs, i thought those were happening around December.
I was told end of January
with basketball season coming to end for High School, it should end up being around then.

right now, we don't have enough man-power to pull this off just yet
For the man-power part. Is that another way of saying the taff isn't foucusing on the BA's and stuff.
I bet that a lot of them have lives...

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
meaning we don't have the time as of right now for the upper staff to participate/prepare for them.. hopefully soon, though

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree, after the basketball season, heck my computer internet connection is like broken down, so I am only on my dads laptop and can't get on till 7:00 PM most of the time.

But hopefully in the next month or two, things will open up for all of us.

As for the Article Team leader, it is undecided.

I mean it is flat out messy in the article section, not a lot of contribution, no leadership, so I think I might step in and try to bring the article team back to its glorius days or at least try to get the article members meet their quota.

I planned on a article tournament but I am really thinking of delaying that now until I can actually get some proven work by other writers. Only a few ever release one it seems and they go through stretches.

So if things don't get better in the next 2 weeks, I might just step in and run the show again.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ummmm, just my 2 cents about the article team-

There really hasn't been alot of interest in artcles in particular from members..
I think it is just about time to scrap it..

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was like that in like June and July to I remember, finally we sort of began again with the emergance of barret and playmaker in August and September, but I mean, I don't want to give up on Articles though, wouldn't be the same.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MapleLeaf said:
It was like that in like June and July to I remember, finally we sort of began again with the emergance of barret and playmaker in August and September, but I mean, I don't want to give up on Articles though, wouldn't be the same.
I mean, just look at the article totals for January- they've been horrific..

There hasn't really been an article request for a couple weeks, and page views for the section in general are pretty low.

BEsides Josh's articles (which haven't really come), there really aren't any reads, or anticipation, and nobody from the team has stepped up to provide a newsletter..

Personally, I would say it's a waste of resources, but, there really has been much effort there anyways, and leadership is poor..

No positives are coming out of it.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My problem when I was leader was I was to much like google, I was never mean and was almost to nice, never got onto anyone for not doing there work.

But things have happened like this on SI, they go through stages, I mean look at the articles between June and July, but in August and September it somewhat picked up.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents worth / ideas:
I think it needs to be expanded --
1- New name - I still like Newsies or NewsBoyz
def of Newsie
2- Have reporters for each sport -- each reporter can surf through main sports sites and give a daily and/or weekly report on their respective sport (instead of Bid'Ness always doing the posting). They can then give their viewpoint on each story like a Sport Correspondent
3- a thread where there's a bio on each reporter w/ pic or sig so members can associate
4 - eliminate some of the positions - only 2 editors needed, and non-active members removed
5 - a password driven forum for only that team - discuss pointers/subjects, etc. (make it an exclusive club instead of bottome feeders of staff)

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jarrod2323 said:
def of Newsie
2- Have reporters for each sport -- each reporter can surf through main sports sites and give a daily and/or weekly report on their respective sport (instead of Bid'Ness always doing the posting). They can then give their viewpoint on each story like a Sport Correspondent
3- a thread where there's a bio on each reporter w/ pic or sig so members can associate
4 - eliminate some of the positions - only 2 editors needed, and non-active members removed
5 - a password driven forum for only that team - discuss pointers/subjects, etc. (make it an exclusive club instead of bottome feeders of staff)
To be honest, that sounds very good.

If there was orginization like that, I mean, it would definetly work.

But I think we all agree that the stats things are now isn't going to cut it.

Maple or PM7 should really try to adapt this idea.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jarrod2323 said:
def of Newsie
Jarrod that is a good idea.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jarrod2323 said:
def of Newsie
My responses.

1. Sure, I mean, hey it could work, just I've never been to creative with word choice as many of you know. So I wouldn't be the one to think of the new name :D

2. Really agree, heck, could help with people like Ceijis33 doing the NHL, people who weren't article members, become article members because they get to write about what they love. Baggino or Josh or even CB4_Raps can do Soccer. Basketball we are all pretty smart, so that wouldn't be to hard to find.

3. Wouldn't mind starting up, I mean get to know your writers nothing negative could come out of that idea. So I say go for it, just need someone who wants to go around to all the writers and get there so called little profile. Or the members could do there own.

4. Only one I kind of wonder about, because if the article team becomes bigger and more articles produced will the editors be pressed to much? If not, I like the idea, and the new leader or if I take over again or for anyone who takes over, we just need to kick it in the rear to the article writers, tell them to get with it.

5. Always wanted this idea, just never really asked for it, other things came in front of it but it would work. Editors and Writers lounge only kind of thing. All for it.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maple, you should really come up with this and drive it.... People know you love that shiz and respect it more when you do it.. I know you're having problems with PC right now.. so maybe do it on paper - an outline of what and when you want stuff done... then we can set up a true forum for this - revamp it.. then begin doing each the way it needs to be done

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Before this happens, though...

We should at least put the Article Team on a probationary status...
Maybe assign a quota to see if it can survive at a halfway decent rate..

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMods need to clean up Board Announcement section

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
MapleLeaf said:
2. Really agree, heck, could help with people like Ceijis33 doing the NHL, people who weren't article members, become article members because they get to write about what they love. Baggino or Josh or even CB4_Raps can do Soccer. Basketball we are all pretty smart, so that wouldn't be to hard to find.
I've got exams for the next 2 weeks, but I wouldn't even need to brainstorm to think up subjects that are soccer-related, so if you need my help I'll be willing.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
jarrod2323 said:
HighFlyer? said:
Cool, im not even mentioned on the staff...
was when you weren't on staff in October.. but the most current one says GMods, which includes you..
Ok my bad. I didnt know when it was posted. :(

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've been a bit "bad" lately so I decided to help around a little, and went around to all the sports sections and archived threads that had not been posted in for exactly 1 month from today.

So all the Sports sections have been updated.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I usually go by a 45-day period, but that's fine.

just try and leave the 45day window, if possible.

Also, the first two forum threads probably need alot of attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%