Umenyiora Hints He's Done With Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New York Daily News - Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora hinted after Sunday's loss to the Panthers that me might be done in New York.

Umenyiora went on a mini-rant about his "unbelievable situation" after he played sparingly against Carolina in a loss that led to the Giants being eliminated from playoff contention.

"I don't know, man. What did I play, five snaps today?" Umenyiora said. "I don't know what happened. I thought I was the problem. It's an unbelievable situation. Last game at Giants Stadium, probably as a Giant ... just the way everything has unfolded, it's been unbelievable. I would have never dreamt this in a million years. It is what it is. We live and we learn."

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Come to Detroit and you'll play every snap :)

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh when they Franchise Tag him things will change

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
^exactly.

But if they didn't, and he really wanted to piss them off, he could come play for the Jets. :smile:

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could deff see him in black and gold.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
with Peppers soon to be gone, we could really use him

VC15

Reaction score
He can leave for all I care. Not only does he disappear when attempting to play the run, he takes plays off for quarters at a time. Osi really got exposed after Strahan retired. Tuck, Kiwi and Tollefson with another DE an we won't miss Osi one bit.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn I cant believe los Gigantes PERDIERON esta madrugada el pasado...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn I hope he doesnt leave, cause Kiawanuka is good but not Unmenyiora good.

Hope its just frustration, he'll come to his senses...

retry_1

Reaction score
he could jump in the rotation with freeny and mathis. i would be totally cool with that.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Lol, looks like everybody's cool with having him except the Giants fans. It's only right that he leaves.

VC15

Reaction score
Lol, looks like everybody's cool with having him except the Giants fans. It's only right that he leaves.
Of course they're cool with having an overrated prima donna who was deservedly benched as retarted as Bill Sheridan is. But I would be willing to give him one more year as he came off a torn ACL because of the Jets dirty play in our annual preseason scrimmages.

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
Pathetic. Giants start of 5-0 for the season then doesen't make it into playoffs. Umenyiora is probably mad also that giants didn't make the playoffs.

.::MC::.

WeOutHearCuh
Reaction score
See, the Titans need to replace Jevon Kearse already, so it just makes sense he goes to Tennessee, lol. It would be sick having Umenyiora+Vanden Bosch+Bullock+Griffin+Hope on the same D.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Umenyiora is coming off of a torn ACL, it takes a good 2 years to fully recover from that kind of injury. I would still keep him on our team.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Umenyiora Wants To Return To Giants

ESPN - Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora has changed his course and now says that he wants to remain with the team as long as changes are made to how he's used.

Umenyiora, who lost his starting job after a Thanksgiving loss in Denver, insisted on Wednesday that he is too good a player to only be a third-down pass rusher.

"I love this team," Umenyiora said. "I have spent the last seven years of my life here. I have a bunch of great friends here, but this situation cannot continue the way it is. There are definitely some things that are going to be changed.

"I love this place and this organization, the front office, the coaches, I am all in," he added. "But I think I am too good of a player for this kind of situation."

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Sweet, atleast Osi is on board with this team. We just need to fire Sheridan and we should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%