Tyreke Evans Detroit-Bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Hoopsworld said:
The Detroit Pistons have plenty of needs during this offseason, such as a guard who can score in bunches, or who is athletic enough to create shot opportunities for himself or his teammates. There are few in this year's draft that are better in those areas than Memphis' Tyreke Evans.

Once considered ready for the NBA as a sophomore - that's high school, not college - Evans has shown flashes of being a dominant player at the next level. But like most basketball prodigies, Evans hasn't lived up to the larger-than-life expectations.
Here's a scouting report on Evans:

Height: 6-6

Weight: 219

College: Memphis

Last season's stats: 17.1 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.9 assists.

Strengths: An excellent scorer who can beat you off the dribble or blow past you while driving into the lane. Has a 7-foot-3 wingspan, which helps explain why he's such a good rebounder for a guard. A flashy player who can deliver highlight-worthy plays either scoring or passing the ball.

Weaknesses: Because the game has come to so easy to him, his work ethic has been questioned. Streaky shooter who relies too much on his athleticism to be effective. He played the point at Memphis, but averaged almost as many assists (3.9) as turnovers (3.6).

Projected draft position: Middle of first round.

BTW ewwwwwwww, Hopefully Reke doesn't end up in Detroit.
http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/200..._a_possibl.html

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Reke in Detroit <333

I don't know, we got so many options. I love it =]

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Reke is too much of a hog to play with rip and etc. He needs the ball and that would effect stuck too much.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Evans-Stuckey backcourt would be soooo sexy.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No it wouldnt Rip
TYO said it, Stuck, Hamilton, and Evans all need the ball. they're what Kenny Smith calls "ball stoppers"

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Just Like Allen Iverson. *hint hint*

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons need a true PG or a low post scorer
this draft sucks though

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know ive been watching reke play for the last 3 years. You think ivy is a hog. You dont know the half of tyreke evans then.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hamilton doesn't need the ball though. He scores off screens and what not. Doesn't really create his own shot, even though he can.

Tyreke would likely come off of the bench, but I doubt we even get him. This is just an opinionated article.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Anyway even tho, i wouldn't like to see reke in a Pistons Uni good luck, I like his Potential whatever position they decide to put him as, but a 6-6 PG Yay?

VC15

Reaction score
I know ive been watching reke play for the last 3 years. You think ivy is a hog. You dont know the half of tyreke evans then.
+1

Evans is one of the biggest ball hogs that I've ever seen in person.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've heard of him being considered by teams in the top 5. How would he fall to Detroit?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love to have a player LIKE him, but he's a hog..
Mexi nailed our needs.

Crunkbuc4d1

Reaction score
I watched Reke last season and his game frew as the season progressed. When the season started he dominated the ball by taking terrible shots because he felt that was his role as the shooting guard in the dribble drive offense. But once he was moved to point, a light seemed to come on for him. The ball didn't stop with him. He relied on his teammates to lead him. Reke is a special talent, and easily coachable. He respects the vets he plays with, constantly going to Antonio Anderson and Robert Dozier for guidence.

It's highly unlikely that he'll fall to the Pistons. Some GMs think he's the best player in the draft not named Griffin. He's 6'6", 219, long wingspan, strong, and wants to be a good defender. If you have any doubts about him, look at his last game in the Sweet 16. He got 30 points without taking a jumpshot. Reke is gonna be a good pick for whoever gets him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%