Two NFL XBox covers

dsmatheny88

Reaction score
What's that supposed to mean? "Deleted by administrator."?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I said they weren't good; I don't know why the admins here are being so uptight about this shit. 

As the admin of a custom covers website (SCW), when I've said before that these aren't good, and yet he doesn't fix anything to what ive said, there should be no reason for him to only get good cnc. if the pieces aren't good, they aren't good. nobody else was going to comment on this, just being real.

i'd rather reaffirm to him that these are bad, like ive said earlier to him, rather than him just post with nobody else commenting. yall don't need to be so uptight

dsmatheny88

Reaction score
Well no disrespect to you because you have a higher skill level at this then me, but your opinion is one in 100 billion. Not trying to discredit the value of that opinion either but just because you have told me before that you don't like something doesn't mean that I can't post it somewhere else. I value good advice on how to get better but you never commented on these specific ones. "wtf is that logo" and "render is overdone" is not very good advice on how to get better so I really don't see how that is telling me what to fix. I don't care if you tell me it's the lamest shit you have ever seen but don't try to make me look foolish by saying that I haven't listened to the things you have told me to fix when you haven't really told me to fix anything. Now if you would like the be more specific on how you think I should fix either one then I would be more then willing to listen.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ok, you want more specific?

Aikman:
All the layers are way too flat and high; they need a ton more shadows added and the colors need to be reduced. Render is also LQ

The background is hella busy and distracting, and the blue color dodge needs to be blended in a bit more

The Ignite logo is way too big

Carr:

The 2K15 logo is bad, man. really low quality, and is far from a finished product, as there is tons of white BG all along the logo. The stroke along the shield is also way too thick

Again, the effects are just way overdone. He looks like he's auditioning for the Jersey Shore with that skin being so saturated. The render is LQ (seemingly a parallel with most of your work) the whites are too strong as well, you CC'd the shield white when it needs color, and what's the grey stuff over the numbers??

And what are those splatters? It's not organized; it's just chaotic splatters with no confinement towards how it ends

Subtext is also just very poor, especially the drop shadow

You have tons to work on still

dsmatheny88

Reaction score
That's much more helpful. Any tips of finding high quality images from the 90s? Seems to be very difficult. I just usually use google. The pic I used for the Brand Carr was pretty high quality. I believe it was ESPN, maybe it's just something I did that messed with the quality. Good feedback though, I appreciate that, now let me see if I can fix em up

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats how good cnc should be for people trying to get better, bosox. id +1 that if i could.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%