Turiaf to Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Broderick Turner of the Press-Enterprise is reporting that Ronny Turiaf has agreed to a four year, $17 million offer sheet from the Golden State Warriors. As Turiaf is a restricted free agent, assuming he does in fact accept the deal the Lakers would have seven days to match. I've always been terrible at estimating how much a guy will get on the open market, especially a player like Turiaf whose value can be difficult to quantify in dollar figures (although apparently it's somewhere around four years, 17 million). To me, this deal is at the upper end of what I thought Ronny would get, and it'll be interesting to see if the Lakers, given their luxury tax situation and the desire to bring in a guy like James Posey with the mid-level, will match.
I like his energy. I think he is a tard though lol. Lakers most likely will NOT match the offer. What are his pros and cons? any laker fans wanna let me know?

LINK

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Rony is very smart on the court and he gets the team pumped, I would be estatic to have him on my team

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, Turiaf is the type of player every team loves to have, if the Lakers dont decide to match this is good for the Warriors.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Yeah, this sucks. I really wanted see Turiaf stay with the lakers. Looks like it's prolly not gonna happen.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is a bit much for a player who just brings energy to the court.. I guess its a good signing but whatever, its not like he's gonna do much besides bring energy.

yezzir

Reaction score
This is a bit much for a player who just brings energy to the court.. I guess its a good signing but whatever, its not like he's gonna do much besides bring energy.
Yeah, thats why I doubt the Lakers will try and match it.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
He doesn't just bring energy. Good rebounder as well. And he has a hot voice soo yeah. Still annoying as hell. I would rather have had flopper Varejao.

4 mil a year for 4 years isn't that much...

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For Turiaf it is. He disappeared in the western semi's/finals series. He brang no energy and his cheerleading antics were nowhere to be found, he was basically just another guy on the bench.

But at his best he brings a lot of energy and rebounding and is a good low-post defender. Big offensive liability though, he's just the put-backs and rebounding kind of guy. He likes to brick a lot of mid-range shots too. That always got me kinda pissed.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
For Turiaf it is. He disappeared in the western semi's/finals series. He brang no energy and his cheerleading antics were nowhere to be found, he was basically just another guy on the bench.

But at his best he brings a lot of energy and rebounding and is a good low-post defender. Big offensive liability though, he's just the put-backs and rebounding kind of guy. He likes to brick a lot of mid-range shots too. That always got me kinda pissed.
Thanks man. From what I saw in the laker-warriors games, he ALWAYS killed us. High energy rebounding big. He goes a little out of control on the offensive side from what I remember. Should be a decent addition if we sign him.

We don't need an offensive big. We have more than enough of that in our wing players. Should help us with our problems defending bigs.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I believe LAL will match. Why not? Kobe wants him back.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
I just found out our lineup next year will be (as of today via Don Nelson)

C: Biedrins
PF: Harrington
SF: Maggette
SG: Jackson
PG: Ellis

-Maggette figures to be the starting small forward and Nelson says he’s moving Stephen Jackson to the off-guard spot.

-Monta Ellis is the point guard.

-If Ronny Turiaf’s offer sheet isn’t matched by the Lakers, he’d fit in as the Warriors’ back-up center.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
your gonna love him SoM
really personal guy.

Pretty good rebounder
Exellent energy
not a bad scorer
decent FT shooter

nice signing

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Man I was hoping he would come back to the Lakers, but anyways nice signing by Golden State. Should be a good bench player for you guys.

.loggie

Reaction score
i have a feeling that if hes goes to golden state hes going to have a career game against the lakers. just saying...

yezzir

Reaction score
i have a feeling that if hes goes to golden state hes going to have a career game against the lakers. just saying...
I don't see him having a career game trying to defend and score over Bynum and Gasol down low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%