Toronto Could Land The Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The National Football League plans to come to Minnesota to take an up-close look at the Vikings' stadium issue.

At owners' meetings in Philadelphia this week, the NFL directed that an assessment of the stadium situation be done before the end of the year, and the league plans to send representatives to Minneapolis to evaluate the viability and timeline for a new stadium. The Vikings are bound by lease to play in the Metrodome through the 2011 season.

While in Minnesota, NFL officials are expected to meet with political, business and community leaders, then report the Vikings stadium status to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Toronto could become a bigger threat for a possible relocation site of the Vikings than Los Angeles.

The Vikings continue to work with the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission and the city of Minneapolis for a new stadium, and team officials plan to present the project during the 2008 state legislative session.
The Toronto Vikings hmmmmmmmmmm.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't be mad if it happened...however I dont live in, like, or support Minnesota like that...

bulls12

Reaction score
Would Toronto Vikings make sense? I wonder if they'd change the name..

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Leif Eiríksson did land in Canada...

bulls12

Reaction score
yeah not many team names make sense:

Memphis Grizzlies and St. Louis Rams are some i can think of.

X-Factor

LOST>ALL
Reaction score
Would Toronto Vikings make sense? I wonder if they'd change the name..
Just not sue to it yet, when Carlotte Bobcats started, i thought it was <Censored> too, but now its just notmal.

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
I'm not so sure I'd like that.. I mean it'd be sweet to get an NFL team in Canada, but it would seem kind of weird since we have the CFL. Plus, what are they gonna do with the Argonauts? They'll lose so much support as soon as an NFL team comes to town.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmmmm that would be interesting if that happened.

This is kinda like the Seattle issue in the NBA, but not as bad.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this will never happen due to CFL having a team there already... this is just a scare tactic

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
Like josh said the Argonauts would lose alot of support if an NFL team in Toronto.

so it hardly has anything to do with it?

hmm does the city of Toronto want a pro NFL franchise and potentially host a super bowl and bring millions of dollars to them

or do they want a minor league football team?

the questions that boggle the mind :rolleyes:

also, if they love them as much as everyone says they do, they will not lose any support what so ever

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so it hardly has anything to do with it?

hmm does the city of Toronto want a pro NFL franchise and potentially host a super bowl and bring millions of dollars to them

or do they want a minor league football team?
the questions that boggle the mind :rolleyes:
also, if they love them as much as everyone says they do, they will not lose any support what so ever
Look they have there own league, now what are they gonna do with just one NFL team. Would this mean all Vikings fans would have to travel to Toronto just about every week to see them.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
Look they have there own league, now what are they gonna do with just one NFL team. Would this mean all Vikings fans would have to travel to Toronto just about every week to see them.

do you even realize what you are saying? "Would this mean all Vikings fans would have to travel to Toronto just about every week to see them." no Browns fans traveled to Balitmore to watch them play when they moved. also, why would they go there? they wouldn't be the vikings anymore.. and no fan would travel to see them after they were betrayed by the franchise like this.

and who cares if they have a "league" it's garbage anyway. i'd rather watch the AFL, or even the XFL, as a matter of fact, i have seen more XFL games in my life than CFL (1 BTW)

also, there is only 1 NBA and MLB team.. so whats your point? do you ever notice how they rally around those teams when they are doing good? look at how they support the Leafs, you don't think they would stay committed to the CFL team (see, i can't even remember their name)

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
do you even realize what you are saying? "Would this mean all Vikings fans would have to travel to Toronto just about every week to see them." no Browns fans traveled to Balitmore to watch them play when they moved. also, why would they go there? they wouldn't be the vikings anymore.. and no fan would travel to see them after they were betrayed by the franchise like this.
and who cares if they have a "league" it's garbage anyway. i'd rather watch the AFL, or even the XFL, as a matter of fact, i have seen more XFL games in my life than CFL (1 BTW)
also, there is only 1 NBA and MLB team.. so whats your point? do you ever notice how they rally around those teams when they are doing good? look at how they support the Leafs, you don't think they would stay committed to the CFL team (see, i can't even remember their name)
Yea and looked what happened the Browns are back in cleveland and really here in the U.S. we really dont care for the CFL and do you remember the Montreal Expos & the Vancouver Grizzles look at who they are now, they are the Washington Nationals and the Memphis Grizzlies. I can understand MLB and the NBA expanding to Canada because they are popular around the world but having an NFL team is a different thing.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd just like to point out that watching Big Business argue against this has been quite comical, to say the least.

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
Well actually elephant, the CFL is really popular up here, it's a professional football league, not a minor league, and the quality of the football is awesome. We love the CFL just as much as we love the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%