Titans veteran defensive tackle Simon announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tennessee Titans veteran defensive tackle Corey Simon announced his retirement on Thursday after eight NFL seasons.

"I thought I'd play this game forever," Simon said during an emotional press conference. "I'm going to miss it. I'm going to miss the comradarie. ... But I'm going to look forward to the future and spending time with my family."

Simon, who signed as a free agent with Tennessee on Aug. 28, played in four games with the Titans this season and was inactive for two others. The sixth overall pick in the 2000 NFL Draft by the Eagles, Simon spent his first five seasons in Philadelphia before spending the 2005 season with the Colts.

"I didn't really prepare anything for this day and I didn't forsee it coming when I cam here a couple of months ago," Simon said. "I've enjoyed this to the fullest. I've enjoyed eight years. I've had fun. I've had a lot of success, both individulally and as part of a team."

Simon, a Pro Bowl selection in 2003, played in 92 regular season contests and collected 312 tackles (216 solo), 32 sacks, 16 passes defensed, seven forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. He also appeared in 13 career playoff games with 40 tackles (30 solo), two passes defensed and a sack in the postseason.

Hate to see him go but i wish him well.

bulls12

Reaction score
he had an okay career, some injuries, but too bad for the Titans, they may need him.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Very soon. Only played 7 years in this league and is still 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%