Titans sign ex Lions, Raiders WR Mike Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Former first-round wide receiver Mike Williams, the 10th overall choice in the 2005 draft but a disappointment with two different franchises during less than three full seasons in the NFL, will get a third chance to prove himself.

Williams on Thursday signed with the Tennessee Titans, who had auditioned him a few weeks ago, and who apparently feel that the former Southern California star can still fulfill his big-time potential. The move reunites Williams with former USC offensive coordinator Norm Chow, who holds the same position with the Titans. Team officials hope Chow can motivate Williams.
From ESPN.com

Im not sure about this move, but we will have to see what happens with him.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not bad. give him a shot and he might shine. We'll see what will envolve from this deal soon.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know what the hell happened to this guy from the time he left USC and was drafted by the Lions. He was phenomenal at USC, had that year off, and then just...sucked.

Holy crap am I glad the Vikings didn't get the chance to draft him.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think its a good move, he can be a good WR if he will give it his all and he gets a chance.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mikey has had his chances... especially with the Raiders. He can't hack it, all he's going to do is make Young's passing stats look worse then they already are. This year hes had wide-opened dropped passes, key 4th down players where he was yet wide-open, hit right between the numbers and dropped the ball... etc. etc.

Don't throw to him Vince, if he's the only one open, use those legs instead.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its a good pick-up but the Titans are taking a chance signing him.

But the real question is Will Vince Utilize him? I mean Vince's number's dont reflect his play but he does need to start using his arm rather his legs.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Williams lmfao. He's not very good, but you never know. He could break out and become a descent player, who knows.

Roy Williams
Charles Rogers
Mike Williams
Calvin Johnson

What could of been. Imagine if all 4 would of turned as good as Johnson and Roy Williams did.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Williams lmfao. He's not very good, but you never know. He could break out and become a descent player, who knows.

Roy Williams
Charles Rogers
Mike Williams
Calvin Johnson

What could of been. Imagine if all 4 would of turned as good as Johnson and Roy Williams did.
About half of the NFL has 1 or 2 WR who were 1st round picks and now struggle to get 300 recieving yards and 2 TDs in a season, just because you fail to recognize this doesn't mean that the Lions are the only team with bad luck drafting, or maybe, just maybe, it's the fault of the scouts, GM and coaches?

Honestly, when taking WR in the 1st round, the Lions are lucky that they have a 50% success rate, especially when the 2 have been Roy Williams (bubble top 10 WR) and Calvin Johnson (best WR project since Larry Fitzgerald in 2004, and honestly, Calvin was considered to be an ever better project, despite Larry's heisman attempts that season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%