titans 2010 NFL Mock Draft v5.0

Mooche

Reaction score
It's not a weak class, it's deep, just no sure deals. There are about 5-7 1st round worthy guys, but no top 5-10 really.
Superstar quality? It's weak. Okung is completely overrated... and none of them are even worth Top 10 value in my eyes. Will they not go Top 10? Of course they will. But that doesn't mean they are truly worth it.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Referring to your boy Reggie.

Also, Okung is a hard decision -- he has all the right tools to be great but I agree that he is overrated as hell.

They're aren't really any guys I'd want to take outside of Suh, Thomas, Haden, McClain, and Spiller.

I've said it 1,000 times, Offensive Linemen aren't worthy of a top 10 pick.

The top offensive lines in football don't waste picks on offensive linemen.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Mays is overrated man. Demaryius could be very good for you guys. Better than Ocho Cinco.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Referring to your boy Reggie.

Also, Okung is a hard decision -- he has all the right tools to be great but I agree that he is overrated as hell.

They're aren't really any guys I'd want to take outside of Suh, Thomas, Haden, McClain, and Spiller.

I've said it 1,000 times, Offensive Linemen aren't worthy of a top 10 pick.

The top offensive lines in football don't waste picks on offensive linemen.
I know that, but when did I ever talk about Reggie? lol

TTN2810

Reaction score
I was saying stuff about CJ being compared to Reggie during the draft a few years ago.

Mooche

Reaction score
Okung does have tools, but his technique is pretty worrisome. He moves very nice, and is very agile for his size.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Typical Oakland player with the exception of maybe Nnamdi.

Also, Mays could be a good project player -- but I doubt he'll start in his first year with any success.

Mooche

Reaction score
Typical Oakland player with the exception of maybe Nnamdi.

Also, Mays could be a good project player -- but I doubt he'll start in his first year with any success.
Mays is a really tough prospect to gauge. He has the ability to knock your head off, anytime with a crushing hit, but yet, he can't cover to save his life. Add that to the fact, he has shown little ball skills in his career, it's tough to say what he will exactly do in the NFL. He needs to be coached up, and taught for a good 2-3 years before he makes a very large impact.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bush has not always lived up to the hype. He was going to be the next great one, the next Gale Sayers, the next.....well, you get the point.

In his first couple of seasons, it became clear he needed to do some growing up, learn to practice because instincts alone were not going to get him to the next level. The NFL is a speed league and Bush found this out the hard way, in my opinion.

That said, he has stepped his game up each year. He now hits the holes and runs over people, whereas before he'd duck for the sidelines. Now his average has improved. This past season, he averaged 5.6 yards a carry. He never drops a pass and scores plenty on a team with a ton of offensive firepower.

Is he a bust as suggested here so often....no way.

Is he a superstar that is changing the game...no way.

But he is a dynamic player who is a serious threat when he has the ball.

And his overall contribution is worth the $8M when compared to many other highly paid players in the league, i.e. Cutler, Haynesworth, Edwards (wr - Jets), T.O., Ocho Cinco and many more. He is a matchup problem for defensive coaches and he seems to step his game up in the playoffs.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Bush has not always lived up to the hype. He was going to be the next great one, the next Gale Sayers, the next.....well, you get the point.

In his first couple of seasons, it became clear he needed to do some growing up, learn to practice because instincts alone were not going to get him to the next level. The NFL is a speed league and Bush found this out the hard way, in my opinion.

That said, he has stepped his game up each year. He now hits the holes and runs over people, whereas before he'd duck for the sidelines. Now his average has improved. This past season, he averaged 5.6 yards a carry. He never drops a pass and scores plenty on a team with a ton of offensive firepower.

Is he a bust as suggested here so often....no way.

Is he a superstar that is changing the game...no way.

But he is a dynamic player who is a serious threat when he has the ball.

And his overall contribution is worth the $8M when compared to many other highly paid players in the league, i.e. Cutler, Haynesworth, Edwards (wr - Jets), T.O., Ocho Cinco and many more. He is a matchup problem for defensive coaches and he seems to step his game up in the playoffs.
I'm sorry, but no way in hell is he ever going to be half as good, anywhere close to that elusive, and that much of a playmaker as Sayers.

Sayers' has the best field vision of all time -- I mean just watch the guy. If it's running the ball from scrimmage or returning a punt. I believe barring injury that Sayers is the greatest running back in NFL history.

Through five years -- he was injured the last two -- he had nearly 5,000-yards and 39 touchdowns running the ball; over 1,000-yards and nine touchdowns catching the ball; and over 2,000-yards and eight touchdowns returning the ball.

Sayers is the GOAT -- Bush doesn't even have more than 600-yards in a season -- no way does he ever catch Sayers in that short of time.

The only time I fear Bush is on a pass or returning the ball.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's my point. He raw, and he still peformed better than Suh. You honestly can't tell me eveyone would be THIS high on Suh without the Big 12 Championship. See, McCoy didn't need a break out game. He did his work consitently. Like I said, on tape McCoy is just more disruptive, and he still has lots of room to grow.
Are you kidding me? People were raving about Suh all year. Many people had him in the top 5 through out the entire year. Do you think that a "good year with one good game" would net him a heisman finalist? You obviously didn't follow the Big 12 at all, because Suh tore it up.

Also if McCoy had a better overall season, then why does Suh have 22 more tackles and 6 more sacks. Even without that Big 12 championship game he has 12 more tackles and 2 more sacks. Also having his best game ever, in his biggest game ever is something to rave about. There has been many times that big time defensive players are nearly unseen in big games.

Mooche

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? People were raving about Suh all year. Many people had him in the top 5 through out the entire year. Do you think that a "good year with one good game" would net him a heisman finalist? You obviously didn't follow the Big 12 at all, because Suh tore it up.

Also if McCoy had a better overall season, then why does Suh have 22 more tackles and 6 more sacks. Even without that Big 12 championship game he has 12 more tackles and 2 more sacks. Also having his best game ever, in his biggest game ever is something to rave about. There has been many times that big time defensive players are nearly unseen in big games.
Excellent post.

McCoy also clearly didn't even sniff his 2008 numbers, as he began to face more double teams and was entered into more offensive gameplan schemes. From what I continually, Suh faced numerous double teams (even in the Texas game, they just got their lunch eaten) and he would split them and find ways to pressure the QB.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but no way in hell is he ever going to be half as good, anywhere close to that elusive, and that much of a playmaker as Sayers.

Sayers' has the best field vision of all time -- I mean just watch the guy. If it's running the ball from scrimmage or returning a punt. I believe barring injury that Sayers is the greatest running back in NFL history.

Through five years -- he was injured the last two -- he had nearly 5,000-yards and 39 touchdowns running the ball; over 1,000-yards and nine touchdowns catching the ball; and over 2,000-yards and eight touchdowns returning the ball.

Sayers is the GOAT -- Bush doesn't even have more than 600-yards in a season -- no way does he ever catch Sayers in that short of time.

The only time I fear Bush is on a pass or returning the ball.
Blake, there you go putting words in my mouth. I said he was SUPPOSED to be the next Sayers, where did I ever say he's lived up to that hype? I'm saying the exact opposite. He's not Sayers, and it says that in the first sentence. Back to the middle, is he a complete bust? No way. Is he a superstar? No way. He's a solid contributor on the best offensie in the NFL.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also Reggie Bush is a bust. Him not being a top 5 runningback, makes him a bust.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%