The Winnipeg "Team" Appreciation Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
Well.

I know I'm late but I'm a little surprised by our pick in the first round. I guess Couturier wasn't the right player we wanted for the system, and we went with Scheifele with the pick. I haven't seen much Barrie Colts action, but I do know they had a pretty horrific team and he put up good numbers. He's also really special at being a two way center and coming back to make impact plays on defense.

He's not going to play with a lot of flash, but he's a hard working guy who will make an impact for the Jets.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And you can never go wrong with a good two way center

Mooche

Reaction score
Not at all.

Like I said, this guy is going to need to find his scoring touch in a few years in the NHL. But. We need him to just play both ways and go into the gritty areas. That's the true, hard-nosed mentality this team wants to instill.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Absolutely and, no doubt, that was starting back in Atlanta with Ramsay as the coach. I'm still disappointed you guys didn't bring him along/keep him, but that may just be me having a soft spot for Rammer.

Mooche

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Noel honestly. I think he's a pretty bright and intelligent hockey mind who can make a difference for this team.

I'm loving the management decisions already.

Mooche

Reaction score
The team has made offers to Andrew Ladd and Blake Wheeler today.

JKG33

Reaction score
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=370720

Rypien is back! Also signed Meech and Jones

Mooche

Reaction score
Rypien was a real cool signing. This team is going to be fucking tough, that's all I know.. Lol.

JKG33

Reaction score
Rypien was always one of my favorites on the moose. Hopefully they keep the same arena announcer.

Rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiicccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyppppppiiiiiiiiieeeeeennnn lol

Mooche

Reaction score
Rypien was always one of my favorites on the moose. Hopefully they keep the same arena announcer.

Rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiicccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyppppppiiiiiiiiieeeeeennnn lol
Oh man, the memories of the Moose... lol. I remember that too. He always had the best fights, and you always wanted him to just step foot on the ice when the game was getting crazy, you knew he'd make it go over the top.

HockeyGuy

Reaction score
The Jets is a cool name but I wanted them to go with a different name. New owners, new era,new arena, new players...new name would have been better but thats me.

Mooche

Reaction score
I guess you've never been to Winnipeg to feel the vibe.. Aha. The city would have exploded if it wasn't the Jets.

HockeyGuy

Reaction score
I guess you've never been to Winnipeg to feel the vibe.. Aha. The city would have exploded if it wasn't the Jets.
haha ya, Im perfectly fine with the name Jets dont get me wrong there..I do think its a cool name but I just think it would have been better to go with a new name for the team but like you said the city would have exploded if that happen...we dont want Winnipeg turning into Vancouver! :D

Mooche

Reaction score
Hah, right on! Like I've heard the people say that this team is the new management's at True North, they should have switched it and that's that. Well... The people of Winnipeg are the ones who are paying the money and going to the games -- I'm glad our voices were heard by Chipman.

HockeyGuy

Reaction score
so when is SI going to update that Thrashers logo to the Winnipeg logo? :D

Mooche

Reaction score
Well the guy that did all the logos is no longer around. We definitely need that though! Come on SI. :D

JKG33

Reaction score
Oh man, the memories of the Moose... lol. I remember that too. He always had the best fights, and you always wanted him to just step foot on the ice when the game was getting crazy, you knew he'd make it go over the top.
yea, those were the days. Rypien, Burrows, Jaffray, Auld, Reid, Fedorov. I almost kinda miss them.

Mooche

Reaction score
yea, those were the days. Rypien, Burrows, Jaffray, Auld, Reid, Fedorov. I almost kinda miss them.
Yes! Those were the days when I actually didn't mind getting tickets and going to the odd Moose game.

I'm so pumped for these Jets games though, it isn't even funny. I gotta figure out a way to at least see a couple. :p

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to a few.
I'M PUMPED.
I want the new fucking logo though so I can buy a shirt or a new jersey.

JKG33

Reaction score
Yes! Those were the days when I actually didn't mind getting tickets and going to the odd Moose game.

I'm so pumped for these Jets games though, it isn't even funny. I gotta figure out a way to at least see a couple. :p

yea, it'll be tough getting tickets for Jets games. At least for the first few years. But i'm sure there will always be people selling single game tickets at ridiculous prices.

I'm definitely going to a few.
I'M PUMPED.
I want the new fucking logo though so I can buy a shirt or a new jersey.
same. I want to buy a jersey already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%