The Ridiculous Playoff Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It amazes me that ESPN pays some poor soul to come up with every single NFL Playoff scenario with 3 games still left.

Week 15 playoff scenarios

NFC

CLINCHED: New York Giants, NFC East; Arizona, NFC West

ELIMINATED: Detroit, St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle

New York Giants
The Giants clinch a first-round bye with:

1) A win at Dallas OR
2 ) Minnesota loss and Atlanta loss or tie OR
3) Minnesota loss and Carolina win or tie OR
4) Minnesota-Arizona game ends in a tie

Minnesota Vikings
The Vikings clinch the NFC North with a victory over Arizona and Chicago loss.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Buccaneers clinch a playoff spot with:

1) A win over Atlanta and Dallas loss or tie OR
2) A win over Atlanta and Philadelphia loss or tie

Carolina Panthers
The Panthers clinch a playoff spot with:

1) A win over Denver and Dallas loss or tie OR
2) A win over Denver or tie and Atlanta loss or tie OR
3) A tie with Denver and Dallas loss and Philadelphia loss or tie OR
4) Atlanta loss and Dallas loss and Washington loss or tie OR
5) Atlanta loss and Dallas loss and Chicago loss or tie OR
6) Atlanta loss and Philadelphia loss and Washington loss or tie and Chicago loss or tie.

AFC

CLINCHED: Tennessee, AFC South and first-round bye

ELIMINATED: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Oakland

Tennessee Titans
The Titans clinch home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs with:

1) A win at Houston and Pittsburgh loss or tie OR
2) A tie at Houston and Pittsburgh loss

Denver Broncos
The Broncos clinch the AFC West with:

1) A win or tie at Carolina OR
2) San Diego loss or tie

Pittsburgh Steelers
The Steelers clinch the AFC North and a first-round bye with a win at Baltimore. Pittsburgh clinches a playoff spot with:

1) A tie at Baltimore and New England loss or tie OR
2) A tie at Baltimore and Miami loss or tie and N.Y. Jets loss or tie OR
3) New England loss and N.Y. Jets loss or tie OR
4) New England loss and Miami loss or tie OR
5) N.Y. Jets loss and Miami loss

Indianapolis Colts
The Colts clinch a playoff spot with:

1) A win over Detroit and New England loss and N.Y. Jets loss or tie OR
2) A win over Detroit and New England loss and Miami loss or tie OR
3) A win over Detroit and Miami loss and N.Y. Jets loss

Baltimore Ravens
The Ravens clinch a playoff spot with:

1) A win over Pittsburgh and New England loss and N.Y. Jets loss or tie OR
2) A win over Pittsburgh and New England loss and Miami loss or tie OR
3) A win over Pittsburgh and Miami loss and N.Y. Jets loss and Indianapolis loss or tie OR
4) A win over Pittsburgh and Miami loss and N.Y. Jets loss and Indianapolis clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over Miami

Playoff dates

Jan. 3, 2009: AFC, NFC wild-card games (NBC)

Jan. 4, 2009: AFC wild-card game (CBS); NFC wild-card game (FOX)

Jan. 10, 2009: AFC divisional playoff game (CBS); NFC divisional playoff game (FOX)

Jan. 11, 2009: AFC divisional playoff game (CBS); NFC divisional playoff game (FOX)

Jan. 18, 2009: AFC Championship Game (CBS); NFC Championship Game (FOX)

Feb. 1: Super Bowl XLIII at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla.

House of Steel

Reaction score
It is very vital that we win in Baltimore, but for some reason, I just don't see us doing it with the offensive funk we are in. It sickens me to say this, but I am being more realistic than being a homer. Baltimore is that darn good.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It'll be a great matchup but I disagree, I think your offense will step it up. Baltimore's a very inconsistent team, and I think that the Steelers D is too good.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Baltimore has ZERO wins against playoff teams this year...

House of Steel

Reaction score
Well, I do agree with you and hope your right all along. I just hate getting my hopes up cause most of the time it backfires. It almost did against Dallas, but the defense came through in the end. Ben hasn't had very much success in Baltimore, neither has the Steelers. If I remember correctly, they only won only one time since the Ravens came into the league. That just doesn't help us at all. I know we are a special team this year, if we beat the Ravens, believe me, I am going to say this is the team to beat in the AFC on the road to Super Bowl XLIII. No doubt about it. Tennessee will have their hands full with us.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Actually, I think the Steelers/Ravens will be a pretty good/close game. Both have great defenses and the Ravens have been on fire as of lately but the Steelers have been right there also. It'll come down to who shows up on offense a little more than the other. Should be a good defensive low scoring game I'm going to guess.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wasnt even aware we could lock up the 2nd seed with a win. =]

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I really hope the Bucs clinch a spot this weekend. That would be a little redemption for them after the horrific game on defense against Carolina.

Plus, their scenario isn`t one of the most complicated, or so it would seem. Giants need to beat the Cowboys & Bucs need to win, and than they would be golden. I would prefer the first scenario than the 2nd, for I like the Eagles and want them to win. Just hope there is a chance Atlanta could still make a run for the playoffs if they lose. If not, than they sure gave it one hell of a run and made other teams all aorund the league take notice and realize that Atlanta isn`t just another one of those teams you can slide on by. You have to fight to win.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I really hope the Bucs clinch a spot this weekend. That would be a little redemption for them after the horrific game on defense against Carolina.

Plus, their scenario isn`t one of the most complicated, or so it would seem. Giants need to beat the Cowboys & Bucs need to win, and than they would be golden. I would prefer the first scenario than the 2nd, for I like the Eagles and want them to win. Just hope there is a chance Atlanta could still make a run for the playoffs if they lose. If not, than they sure gave it one hell of a run and made other teams all aorund the league take notice and realize that Atlanta isn`t just another one of those teams you can slide on by. You have to fight to win.
I'm actually going to take the Falcons over the Bucs. When the NFC South has played at home I don't recall what their record is but I know it's really good for the home teams and it looks as if Jeff Garcia may not be playing and Luke McCown may be quarterback for Sunday. As I said before it's a win win situation but I'm going to take the Falcons in this one.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm actually going to take the Falcons over the Bucs. When the NFC South has played at home I don't recall what their record is but I know it's really good for the home teams and it looks as if Jeff Garcia may not be playing and Luke McCown may be quarterback for Sunday. As I said before it's a win win situation but I'm going to take the Falcons in this one.
That`s understandable. The outcome, nor the winner is certain, but what is for certain, is that it will be another great game between division rivals. For the Bucs sake, I hope they dont lose sight of Turner & Norwood. Otherwise, it`s going to be another long day for Tampas` Defense.

As for Garcia, if he doesn`t play than it will hurt them a little bit, but Luke McCown has had some good games in the past. Maybe not all-star caliber, but he can get the job done when needed. Which is a bit easier when you have receivers like Antonio Bryant, Jeremy Stevens, & Ike Hilliard to throw to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%