Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I love how once a year Kobe gets in an assist hunting mode haha

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ad will be the best on the planet and a year later or two, someone else will be better. we won't ever have that one guy who dominates EVERYONE and is years ahead everyone, again. too many kids that want to be good at every part of the game now.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I think what I like best about players like AD is that they still see a use for the 2 point shot. Why that ever got faded out of basketball is beyond me. It's an easier shot than a 25 foot three pointer (I understand that it's technically a little less than 24 feet, but how many three point shots get taken where there isn't at least 6 inches to a foot of space between the shooter's feet and the line?). It's like the days of Karl Malone being automatic from 16-18 feet never even happened. Weren't these kids paying attention when they were young?

This goes against everything my NBA team has come to stand for--I completely realize that, but that's also part of the reason Houston will not win the NBA Finals any time soon. The philosophy is flawed. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I love how once a year Kobe gets in an assist hunting mode haha
gets his rondo on lmao yup

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I think what I like best about players like AD is that they still see a use for the 2 point shot. Why that ever got faded out of basketball is beyond me. It's an easier shot than a 25 foot three pointer (I understand that it's technically a little less than 24 feet, but how many three point shots get taken where there isn't at least 6 inches to a foot of space between the shooter's feet and the line?). It's like the days of Karl Malone being automatic from 16-18 feet never even happened. Weren't these kids paying attention when they were young?

This goes against everything my NBA team has come to stand for--I completely realize that, but that's also part of the reason Houston will not win the NBA Finals any time soon. The philosophy is flawed.
and layups are easier than mid range because its a closer shot, but it also leads to fouls

And while mid range may be easier in theory, by simply stepping back a little to that 3 line, the reward is far greater
Three 3s is 9 points
Three 2s is 6 points
You would need just one 3 to tie but two 2s to take the lead

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
6 teams are worse than the lakers
Their pick is top 5 protected and goes to phoenix
Phoenix will have bledsoe or isaiah to trade with that pick if they want to go for a big package

Lakers winning is so bad lmao
Theyre so fucked

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

The only way for the mid-range shot to be efficient is for somebody to be an elite mid-range shooter. As Mexi pointed out, just stepping back a few feet is more valuable even when the percentage is less.

A 3-point shooter who shoots 33% is just as efficient as a mid-range shooter shooting 50%

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Thibodeau overcoached the Bulls to a loss. 

Don't foul when you're up three. Make the other team shoot a contested three. If they make it, so be it. Don't foul. 

I don't think Monta was shooting, but oh well. It's too close to not give him those free throws. Stupid play by Hinrich. Stupid schematics by Thibs. It's great in theory, but it's too hard to apply. If you're going to do it, just foul once they pass the half court line .

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think bware has a little bit of a point, but I don't think we have the same rationale. I think it's fine to take mid range jumpers in the flow of the offense, because if you're focusing solely on 3PT or at the rim, you're probably more likely to end up taking a highly contested shot. Really, it depends on the personnel. I definitely wouldn't want my team among the league leaders in mid range attempts though, unless I had Dirk or Aldridge. 

dcpwner

Reaction score
elcheato said:
I think bware has a little bit of a point, but I don't think we have the same rationale. I think it's fine to take mid range jumpers in the flow of the offense, because if you're focusing solely on 3PT or at the rim, you're probably more likely to end up taking a highly contested shot. Really, it depends on the personnel. I definitely wouldn't want my team among the league leaders in mid range attempts though, unless I had Dirk or Aldridge. 
*Gasol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are others, was just using those two as a reference point. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Thibodeau overcoached the Bulls to a loss. 

Don't foul when you're up three. Make the other team shoot a contested three. If they make it, so be it. Don't foul. 

I don't think Monta was shooting, but oh well. It's too close to not give him those free throws. Stupid play by Hinrich. Stupid schematics by Thibs. It's great in theory, but it's too hard to apply. If you're going to do it, just foul once they pass the half court line .
Pretty sure numbers disagree with this theory too.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thibs also played Pau and Jimmy 50 minutes on game one of a back to back.  Game two is on the road in the eastern time zone as well.  Al Jefferson is gonna feast down low tonight.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate fouling up 3 because it's boring, but I think it's the right play. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I hate fouling up 3 because it's boring, but I think it's the right play. 

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%