The Real 2014-15 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

travesy3

Reaction score
The best season of his entire career, and the only one he probably actually deserved the MVP, was without Pau or Shaq.  The fact he dragged Mihm and Smush to the playoffs is impressive.  And I say that as someone who isn't a Kobe fan..Wade's best years > Kobe's best years.

I think Kobe knows that the Lakers suck, and are going to lose 55 games.  He might as well lead the league in scoring while he's out there.

The thing is, what if LA does have their dream off-season.  Sign Love somehow, trade for a guy like Rondo with their pick... are they seriously going to win 50+ games?  I wouldn't bet on that.  What is the endgame right now if you're LA?  Make as much money as possible I guess.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Their endgame, and Kobe is smart enough to know this, has to be building toward contention in a realistic time frame, something like 3-5 years, life without Kobe

They need a point guard, obviously. They need a Small Forward. They need a Power Forward. Lin, Johnson, and Boozer are pathetic. Kobe and Hill are the only legitimate NBA starters on that time, and if Hill falls back into inconsistencies, he'll fall out of that rank.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyrie averaging 21.1 ppg with a shooting slash of .467/.436/.824, 4.8 apg/1.7 topg, and his defense appears to be improved

Some narratives are being smashed. 

travesy3

Reaction score
Kyrie is awesome.  

‘Why can’t I be a great defender? I don’t understand.’ It’s just all about effort. My first three years, it was just making excuses of offensive burden and all this other stuff, and at the end of the day I just have to do it for the greater good of our team.

I love that quote.  He figured it out a lot earlier than some guys.  It's easy to forget this is only his 4th year.. he'scbeen a star since day 1 and seems like a great guy.

travesy3

Reaction score
Kyrie-LeBron-Marion-Love-Tristan is Cavs 3rd most used unit and has a net rating of +23.6.. by far their best.  2nd most used is Kyrie-Waiters-LeBron-Love-AV which is -13.4.

How a big a difference would a guy like Korver playing 25 minutes a night make for the Cavs?  Waiters seems like such a boat anchor.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He still has careless lapses from time to time, but it's not nearly as much as before. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
travesy3 said:
Kyrie-LeBron-Marion-Love-Tristan is Cavs 3rd most used unit and has a net rating of +23.6.. by far their best.  2nd most used is Kyrie-Waiters-LeBron-Love-AV which is -13.4.

How a big a difference would a guy like Korver playing 25 minutes a night make for the Cavs?  Waiters seems like such a boat anchor.
Even Ray Allen would be chill 

Also, I think Varejao is a bit of a problem. He leads the league in FG% and what not, but when he's in the game, they run too many pick and rolls with him, when they should be using Love as the primary screener. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, a reminder that Kyrie is 4 years younger than Stephen Curry and 2 years younger than Damian Lillard. 

travesy3

Reaction score
I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't really like Steph Curry.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i said he wouldn't be an nba player unless he was drafted to a run and gun team like gsw, then he was lel.

then he proved me wrong and showed he's a legitimate star point guard lel.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:
December 6th the 76ers will get their first win.
They did break the streak last year against the Pistons.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're going to take Emmanuel Mudiay, and he's going to mysteriously lose his passport and be stuck in China for another year 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
kobe first with 30k points/6k assists

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What a frustrating loss for the raps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%