The Real 2014-15 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

travesy3

Reaction score
Bill Simmons made the Pujols comparison a couple weeks ago, which I laughed at, but it's kind of scary how he looks right now.  Trying not to panic over a dozen games because I'm a huge LeBron guy but damn.  I can't believe what a gigantic bitch he's being.  Literally so far away from attack mode it's crazy.

The spacing for the Cavs is terrible and whenever the main 3 guys don't have the ball they just stand there.  Reminds me a lot of the Heat when they first go together, except the Heat big 3 was way better than this big 3 IMO (remember how good Wade was the season prior to the big 3).  The Cavs didn't seem to generate many easy looks, especially in the paint.

I'd love to see the Cavs go small more often.  It's not like they're defending when they go big anyways.  I think this is a team that needs not just a trade, but also needs their best player to play and act like the best player in the NBA.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyrie is the only one who consistently has looked good despite the idiotic criticisms. He even sounds like the leader after games comparatively to LeBron who just sounds like an idiot. Ky is actually playing defense somewhat too. Effort is there at least.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://vine.co/v/O1zlnEZ2pve

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anthony Davis is the best player in the NBA. It's already happened. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People were laughing at me when I said he would be within the next three years a couple of months ago.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think people expected LeBron to decline rapidly already. Also, Durant might still be better, he just hasn't played this year yet, so I'm being reactionary. 

People will hold onto LeBron being the "best player in the world" for a little bit though like they did with Kobe and LeBron years ago when it was clear LeBron was better. 

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I don't know what's wrong with Bron. Injured? Unmotivated? Love slept with his wife? Idk

He just doesn't look like the same player out there. Dude got schooled by Lou will a couple times last night.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lance Stephenson blew heroin into his ear. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Reminds me of the theory that he layed off PED's this offseason.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My theory from weeks ago was that he's sabotaging the Cavs from within. That seems most likely to me. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He takes no accountability. He's like RG3. Nothing is ever his fault

travesy3

Reaction score
I'm curious about the HGH/PED stuff as well.  The LeBron/Melo weight loss is shocking.  "I challenged myself to not eat carbs and sugars" - how is not consuming carbs beneficial for a professional athlete who spends the entire summer working out/playing?

I hope the Cavs FIO because I really like LeBron.  It'd go a long way for the team if he simply just played hard for a stretch of games.  How can he ream his teammates out when he's taking almost every play on D off.  Every solid screen he got last night, he never turned the corner.  Always just pulled back out.

I look at the years KG, Kobe, etc. had around 30.. no reason LBJ should fall off this sharply.  Holding hope he'll come out of it.

#lowry4MVP

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lebron just doesn't look like he has his mental drive. i don't think he's this egomaniac people always have said he was but he does have an ego. like cc said, he just doesn't want the blame. i don't think he's declined in his play, just the k he may be overly content in where he's at.

like all of the great before him have said, he doesn't have that killer instinct. he comes off as a guy who has the mindset of someone who is second fiddle but has the ability of a goto guy.

travesy3

Reaction score
I watched him post up Demar last night.  While he got to his spot relatively easily, a guy like Demar should be a guy he literally rapes in the post.  He didn't, which is what scares me.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've always thought pro athletes were on hgh.

A normal person doesn't fully recover from a torn ACL in just a year.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
snipezo said:

took me almost two years to be 100% from mine. mine wasn't a complete tear and i didn't get surgery though.

travesy3

Reaction score
snipezo said:

I've always liked Cuban's POV about moderating HGH use instead of banning it.  For recovery, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%