The Real 2014-15 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Terrance Jones has been out for a week or two, with no return in sight. Terrance Jones being gone is part of the problem. 
Terrence Jones sucks. He can't create his own shot either. Basically has to be wide open

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Terrence Jones sucks. He can't create his own shot either. Basically has to be wide open.

I'm just gonna laugh and move on from that. Good lord. Watch him play regularly or don't even try form an opinion. He most certainly doesn't suck.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's one loss and Dwight wasn't playing.

I wouldn't worry about it.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

I'm just gonna laugh and move on from that. Good lord. Watch him play regularly or don't even try form an opinion. He most certainly doesn't suck.
Aside for the 76ers roster, because that doesn't count, he is one of the worst "non-injury"-based starters in the league.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I wrote down the list of the best 5 man line for each team, and compared them in a "if I did Jones for _____ straight up trade, would it be fair?" situation. I ignored chemistry for the most part, and if it was a toss up to me, I generally put it in your favor

The bolded are guys that I would say are generally as good, or worse, than Terrence Jones

That would come out to 27 guys out of 149 other starters that are on his level. And there are guys Id still take over him (like Amir) but I knew you would throw a hissy fit if I did

Plain and simple, he's not a great starter at all. He'd be a great bench big, but he's not a good starter

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's young though and he hasn't gotten a chance to showcase his improvement because of his injury. I don't think he'll ever be a star but he's probably better than you give him credit for

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I have never though he was talented, dating back to his days at UK.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There isn't traditionally any bad blood between the Phoenix Suns and Detroit Pistons - two teams that see each other just twice a year.

But in the second quarter of their Wednesday night tilt, tensions between Suns power forward Markieff Morris and Pistons guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope bubbled to the surface. The two jawed angrily at each other before being separated by teammates and officials.

The Suns eventually found themselves up two on the final possession of the game, and after Morris blocked a Brandon Jennings layup attempt the ball ended up in Caldwell-Pope's hands. The 21-year-old sophomore let fly a potential game-winner from 3-point range just ahead of the buzzer.

Morris apparently wasn't concerned.

"(Caldwell-Pope) got it and you know he doesn't have any heart so we knew he was going to miss it," he said after the game, according to Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News.
Point em out!!

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I wrote down the list of the best 5 man line for each team, and compared them in a "if I did Jones for _____ straight up trade, would it be fair?" situation. I ignored chemistry for the most part, and if it was a toss up to me, I generally put it in your favor

The bolded are guys that I would say are generally as good, or worse, than Terrence Jones

That would come out to 27 guys out of 149 other starters that are on his level. And there are guys Id still take over him (like Amir) but I knew you would throw a hissy fit if I did

Plain and simple, he's not a great starter at all. He'd be a great bench big, but he's not a good starter

The level of absurdity that you come up with just goes higher and higher when it comes to Terrance Jones. He is not a worse starter than 122 other starters, and it's not even close to that amount.

Start being objective. This is about you vs. me, at this point, for you, and not objectively evaluating players. Terrance Jones is a hell of a lot better right now than you're giving him credit for.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
The level of absurdity that you come up with just goes higher and higher when it comes to Terrance Jones. He is not a worse starter than 122 other starters, and it's not even close to that amount.

Start being objective. This is about you vs. me, at this point, for you, and not objectively evaluating players. Terrance Jones is a hell of a lot better right now than you're giving him credit for.
You act like he's a top 100 player in the league. He's not on that level

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with you; literally 4 posts above this one I said I've never liked him

He's not that good. If he could develop a good junper/3 point shot, he'd be a lot better. He's quick for his size, but doesn't utilize that skill enough

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Of the players bosox didn't bold, there is an argument that Terrance Jones is better than....Ross (not consistent enough), Olynyk (really, bosox? really?), Mason Plumlee, currently a better player than Nerlens Noel and Joel "never seen the floor, at this point" Embiid (both have potential to be better players), Waiters (not consistent enough), George Hill, Donald Sloan, certainly better than KCP, Korver (toss up, though Korver disappears when his shot isn't falling), Elfrid Payton (not denying that the young man is balling, right now), Exum, maybe Favors (toss up), currently better than Wiggins, Adams, definitely better than Miles Plumlee (really, bosox? really?), Nick Young (one way player, not consistent enough), Joseph Randle (again, really?), McLemore (REALLY?), Jameer Nelson, toss up with Splitter, 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No general manager or coach in their right mind would take Terrence Jones over Korver.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
You act like he's a top 100 player in the league. He's not on that level

He's closer than 122. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
He's closer than 122.
ESPN had him around 151 which is too low. But he's definitely not top 100 yet. Please do not make me name 100 players better than him I really don't want to waste my time like that.

Don't forget there's players not even on Bosox's list that are better than him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%