The Nets are cursed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/12/22/2655533/lopez-has-a-broken-foot-undergoing-surgery#86420286

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
sheldon williams will keep you guys afloat. seriously though, thats a huge loss. he wont be much for trade bait now and you guys will be even worse.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well i'll wait until we see how long he's out until i start thinking about dwight
they arent trading him yet anyways

but if he struggles when he comes back because of the injury, uh oh

EDIT:
ooooh

ZachLowe_SI Zach Lowe
Early reports say Lopez out 4-6 weeks. Dr. F.D. Kharrazi of Kerlan-Jobe, who also works w/ Lakers, tells me 3-4 months for healing and rehab

VC15

Reaction score
At least I have a reason for not watching games this year.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
brook makes you want to watch games over deron? lol

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Bet the Magic are glad they didn't take that deal now.

VC15

Reaction score
brook makes you want to watch games over deron? lol
Our number two scoring option is Anthony Morrow. He's great and all, but so one-dimensional.

This really makes the Stevenson signing useless.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
maybe the hump can break out this year and make kim look like shit.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe the Nets can just trade for Andrew Bynum since he's garbage and all.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Soon after the diagnosis of a stress fracture in Brook Lopez's right foot, which will require surgery on Friday, word began circulating of a recovery period that could be as short as four weeks. That timetable would put Lopez back on the court in plenty of time to showcase his health to the Magic.

But a medical expert guesses that due to his size, a 12-week timetable is more likely and says that estimate would actually be an "early" return.

"Biomechanics are such that with a bigger guy, the more pressure you put on it, the bone has to be more solid," said Dr. Victor Khabie, the chief of the department of surgery and sports medicine at Northern Westchester Hospital. "It may not make a difference in the healing, but it needs to be more fully healed before you let a 7-footer start jumping up and down on it."

"If I saw him as a patient, I would say: `Listen, hopefully, we'll get you back in three months.' I would say that would be a very optimistic type of call. This could be season-ending, potentially, seeing how short the (NBA) season is," said Dr. Khabie.

The Nets have a strong interest in getting Lopez back in action as soon as possible, since he will be a key part of any offer the Nets make to Orlando for Dwight Howard. Twelve weeks would put Lopez out until after the March 15 trade deadline.

Via NBA.com

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol this could potentially fuck over the nets and the magic trade howard else where and then deron leaves. Shit would be funny as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%