Texans tackle who broke his neck decides to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
HOUSTON -- Houston Texans defensive tackle Cedric Killings, who broke his neck in September in a game against the Indianapolis Colts, said Thursday he will retire.

Although the injury is not expected to have any lingering effects, Killings said doctors told him he would be at a high risk of permanent paralysis if he were to return to the field.

"If I can't perform at a high level, and if there is a high risk, then it's time to do what's best for my family and not play anymore," Killings told Houston television station KRIV.

Killings fractured his C-4 vertebra Sept. 23 during a violent headfirst collision with Indianapolis receiver Roy Hall in a 30-24 loss to the Colts. He was unable to move any of his limbs immediately after the hit, but was standing and walking a day later.

Killings said he has already told Texans coach Gary Kubiak of his retirement, a decision he said Kubiak supported.

"It is emotional," Killings said. "I've been going back and forth with it. It was a real tough decision because I've always been able to bounce back."

Killings was an undrafted free agent. He spent a season apiece with San Francisco, Carolina and Washington before playing the 2006-07 seasons with the Texans.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
sucks this is how he had to leave the league but in glad hes going to be ok and wish him all the best in what ever he does now .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%