Tavares wants to stick with Isles

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

No other NHL club has experienced more unwanted drama than the strugglingNew York Islanders this season. And no one would blame young superstar John Tavares for dreaming (perhaps quietly) of a future elsewhere. Yet, despite chatter to the contrary, that isn't the case at all.

According to Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun, Tavares wants to stick with the organization once he becomes a restricted free agent in 2012.

"I love being a New York Islander," Tavares said.

"A lot of the stuff I've been through here, you learn from it," the 20-year-old sophomore added. "You just hope it makes you a better player and a better person."

[font="verdana]At least he's committed to this team's future. Shows some dedication, especially with the way they build the team lol[/font]

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Lol I wouldn't. With the teams' problems, he could spend the whole decade losing, and watching players walk away from the team.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
This is a big sign of things to come for the Islanders...

fletch

Reaction score
They got Okposo as well but yeah they need to overhaul the franchise, and do it now.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They got Okposo as well but yeah they need to overhaul the franchise, and do it now.
Don't get me wrong, they've got some great young pieces

Tavares
Okposo
Kabanov
Niederreiter
Petrov
Bailey
De Haan
Grabner

Thats all I can think of right now but they're not putting anything around these guys that looks promising

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
It takes time to build a champion, we are progressing steadily. I think we have a good shot moving forward, we just need to continue to develop our players.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It takes time to build a champion, we are progressing steadily. I think we have a good shot moving forward, we just need to continue to develop our players.
You're totally right, until the last part of your argument.

Chances you can build a winner solely by developing your prospects?

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
they need a new GM, Snow's been garbage from the beginning

ryanmg

Reaction score
Since December 16th, the Islanders are tied for the most points in the Eastern Conference. SMD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%